Wednesday, July 13, 2016



Sister Power at the Provo Temple




Hello!!
As of today, I have been in the MTC for three weeks and am starting my fourth week. But by MTC standards I am halfway through my fourth week. It's weird. Totally screws up my counting but oh well *shrug*.


Wednesday night we had TRC (I don't actually know what that stands for) but members from around Provo come and you teach them and they are told to only speak whatever language you are learning. Well. Let me tell you that this was a humbling experience. I didn't understand like anything. I was so proud of myself for getting better and then I got a smack in the face from reality. I can understand my sensei tachi (teachers) because they purposely use vocabulary we know. Everyone else doesn't care what we do or do not know. It was a rough hour but it was still fun!


The English speakers that got here the same day I did have now left. Bummer. From this point on, people who got here after me, will be leaving before me *thumbs down*. And we're getting new roommates today so we'll have six girls living in one room *thumbs down*. Oh well. C'est la vie. 


OH. Greer Chourou's dad owns a kettle corn truck, or something like that, and he sent us all kettle corn with custom labels. Super cute. Super yummy. I thought of dad the entire time I ate it. I also had chocolate milk with my breakfast this morning in honor of Papa Fish. 
I have something y'all will find funny. Apparently my branch president felt impressed to give Taylor Shimai and me a calling. We are now, drum roll, please... Music coordinators! Yes, you read that right. I am in charge of music. Good thing I'm so very musically gifted. But all we really do is get people to play the piano, do a musical number, and lead the songs we pick. So I don't actually have to do anything that requires sweet melodies flowing to the ears of the congregation. 


Sunday's devotional was on charity and was sugoi (awesome). I had studied charity earlier on in the day and was like "This is perfect!" After the devotional, we watched Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration. Such a good movie. And it's so nice to just chill and relax for a little bit. My brain is on overdrive and not thinking for an hour was AMAZING. 


So Gappmayer Shimai makes us introduce ourselves like if we were knocking on doors if we're late for class so our district makes sure we're always early. On Monday, we were like 10 minutes early and when we tried to go into the room, she told us to wait out in the hall. Being the mature adults we all are, we hid. We went into an empty classroom and waited for her to come look for us and then when she did we all ran back into our classroom like the sneaky little ninja's they're training us to be. She came back in and was like "How did you do that!?" We thought we were pretty funny. 


We had a sub yesterday and he was hilarious. Oh my goodness. We were all in that afternoon slump and just wanted to nap (everyone, not just me, dad.) and so he took us outside to do yoga and get "Genki Power". We also reenacted WWII with our zone in the form of paper airplanes flying every which way down our hall. We kept joking that someone was going to be sent home because of a paper cut to the eye or something. Do not fret, there were no casualties. 
Also, I have tooooons of pictures to send but for some dumb reason I can't get them to upload on these computers. 


Scriptures!! Jacob 6:12, Enos 1:7-8, Moroni 7:37, Mosiah 2:16-17


I love you all SOOOOOO much. Never forget that. And never forget that Jesus loves you. 
Because He does. 

Stay cool.Stay classy.
Stay sassy.

Ai shite imasu!!--Fishburn Shimai

LOVE YOU ALL !!!







No comments:

Post a Comment