Thursday, July 28, 2016


Donuts from Home ...


First off, I have managed to make my carnation instant breakfasts last more than half of my stay here. But sadly, tomorrow I will use my last one and I will shed a tear. 

Now, down to business. 

So my poor senseitachi.. They have to deal with us 5 out of 7 days a week. And last week we decided to pull another joke on Gappmayer Shimai. So Banks Chourou had to go to the eye doctor and we thought this would be the perfect opportunity to tell Gappmayer Shimai that he was partially blind. So we did. Dahl Chourou led him into class and helped him sit down and everything. She then asked what was wrong and why he was wearing sunglasses to which he replied "my eyes are just having some problems and I can't really see so I went to the eye doctor today. So yeah, I can't see right now". And she took it exactly how we wanted her to. She proceeded to wave her hand in front of his face and everything. We also told her that Elder Holland spoke at our devotional on Tuesday. She believed that as well. So she got up to go become "Kimura Shimai" so we could teach her and as she was leaving Banks Chourou was like "Shitsumon ga arimasu (I have a question). *takes off sunglasses* did you really think I was blind this whole time?" She didn't say anything. She just kicked her chair back and left us alone to bask in our glory. When she came back she just glared at us but we thought we were pretty funny. 

Shout out to Yiff and Liza for the donuts. They were delicious!

So I'm pretty sure I told y'all that we were getting new roommates a couple weeks ago. Well, they're going to Texas and one of them has deemed Smith Shimai, Carpenter Shimai, Taylor Shimai, and I the Mormon version of Mean Girls (but in the best way possible, of course). Smith Shimai is Gretchen, Carpenter Shimai is Regina George, Taylor Shimai is Karen, and I am Caty. So there's that. It all started because she was like "sooo are you four ALWAYS together?" which we replied yes to. And here we are now (Emailing side by side like little ducks in a row).

OKAY. So basically Sunday night devotionals are the best thing to ever happen to anyone. Since Sunday was Pioneer Day, we had a special devotional. The Nashville Tribute Band came and did like a little concert for us. The choir was able to sing "back up" for them for 3 songs and it was soooooo darn cool. We sand "I Was Born", "John's Song", and "When the Son of Man (Comes Again". Seriously. So cool. And at the end, the lead singer sang us a song that he wrote about his mission and then we sang it all together. I think it's called "The Hardest Thing I've Ever Loved to Do". Probably a good 95% of the people watching were crying. SO COOL, PEOPLE. If you want some good "churchy" music. Look up those songs. I would listen to them all day if I could but then again, I'm a missionary soo... I was especially saddened that Macrae wasn't in the MTC for this devotional. He would have loved it!

Shout out to the fam for the cute card they sent me!

Quick little missionary moment: don't ever ignore a prompting. EVER. The Spirit prompts us to do little things so that he knows we can be trusted to do what we need to when he prompts us to do the big things. Okay, I'm done. Jk. I lied. Read your scriptures. Say your prayers. Now I'm done.

Our senpai got their flight plans on Friday. Which means they leave Monday and we get kohai! Wahoooo!!! So I'll get my flight plans in a couple weeks and then I'll be able to let y'all know when I'll be able to call ya when I'm at the airport. If my flight plans are similar to my senpai, I'll be flying straight to Nihon. WAHOO. That should be interesting..

SCRIPTURE TIME!! All of Alma 26 (not just because my favorite scripture is Alma 26:11-12 but because it's a great chapter). Alma 29:9, D&C 31. Yup. Those are good ones. 

Welp. I love you all. Every one of you. And Jesus loves you. And Heavenly Father loves you. 

And I love Jesus. And I love this gospel. And I love being a missionary.


Ai shite imasu!!!
--Fishburn Shimai

LOVE YOU ALL !!!!
Whitney Rigby - Haley




1 comment: