Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Another one bites the dust... Bum bum bum ba da da da da da dun

Smith Shimai and I with
Gappmayer Shimai (my sensei) nephew
These Chōrōtachi are from Braziiiiil.
How cool is that? They're also SUPER nice.
And with that, week 7 is upon us. And week 6 has bit the dust. (Does that even make sense?)

Hello, FamBam!

How are all of y'all? I hope you're good. I hope all is well in the land of Kaysville. I miss Kaysville. Actually, I miss the real world. I feel soooo disconnected in here and it's driving me slightly insane. I realized yesterday that I haven't been in a car since mom and dad dropped me off. How weird is that?

Anywho.

On Wednesday we had our last TRC where we taught two members from Provo. Taylor Shimai and I got to teach a Nihonjin and a guy with one leg. They were both super cool guys. The Nihonjin read the Morumon Sho so fast. He finished and just laughed at our faces of amazement and said "Watashi wa Nihonjin da kara" meaning he is Japanese. Yeah, we figured that out hahaha. The guy with one leg was super funny. Tonight we have TRC again but instead of teaching two members we are teaching one member. Who is in Nihon. Who is Nihonjin. My anxiety for this lesson is through the roof. AHHHHH. But it'll be fine! The Lord will not let me fail! Well, he won't let me fail too bad, anyway..

Our senpai left on Monday and today we are getting 33 new kouhai! I'm a senpai now!! Wahoo!! And I get my flight plan a week from Friday (I'm not excited or anything to go to Japan). It's starting to get real. Real fast. But yes, much excitement. 

Thank you to my parents for restocking my carnation instant breakfasts. I was worried I would have to eat real food (if you can call the MTC breakfast real food). 

Sunday we heard from Stephen B. Allen again. He spoke our first Sunday here and is great. He asked us to stand up if we'd heard him before and then promptly apologized to us for having to endure it again and for the fact that we've been here long enough to hear him speak twice. He has a wicked sense of humor and I LOVE listening to him. Afterwards, we got to watch the Joseph Smith movie again and I was one happy camper. I love that movie SO much. So much. 

I don't know if I've told y'all about this game but Gappmayer Shimai taught us a game they play in Japan called "Take noko" and you stand in a circle and count one by one in Nihongo and if you say a number at the same time as someone else, you're out. If you're the last one to say a number, you're out. If that makes any sense. So it gets pretty intense sometimes haha. Anywho, I do NOT do well under stress like that at all so I'm usually one of the first ones out. BUT WAIT. PLOT TWIST. I won! TWICE!! I was super proud of myself hahaha 

Last night we got to hear from Bishop W. Christopher Waddell. First off, I love devotionals. Second, he was an amazing speaker. He covered like a million topics but they all worked together perfectly and it was just grand. I wish I had my notes so I could expand but alas, I left those in my classroom. But yes, he was great. After we had a "devotional review" in our districts and oh me, oh my. It was SO GREAT. I think being around the spirit so much as made me kind of take it for granted but last night during our review, the spirit was so strong and it just reminded me to constantly be seeking it. So yeah, seek the spirit always! Don't ever take it for granted!!

Scriptures!!!!!!! 
I know, you're all just so excited to skip over this part and not even look them up. But I'm sending them anyway:) Alma 37:36-37, D&C 54:10, Alma 48:17, Alma 56: 44-48 (Because who doesn't love the Stripling Warriors?).

I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!! 
I hope you never forget that. Ever. You're all amazing to me (And to Heavenly Father and Jesus so clearly, you're pretty great).

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy. 

Ai shite imasu!!
--Fishburn Shimai


P.S. Greer Chourou told me that he can't ever tell when I'm being serious or when I'm being sarcastic and it really confuses him. Don't worry, fam, I still got it *thumbs up*.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment