Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Happy Half Birthday to Me🎉

Minami 姉妹!! Isn't she so cute! I love her😊

Hello, my beloved family.
This week was definitely interesting. Don't worry, it was a good week overall, just not what I expected it to be.

I know every week I tell you all I'm homesick, and that's true. I am. Very. But I hope you also know that it's a weird type of homesickness. I miss you all SO much. I also really miss my mountains. But I don't want to be home right now. I want you all to be here in Japan with me, experiencing this all with me. That's how I am feeling right now. That and 15 months seems FOREVER away. But daijobu desu. Subete wa yoshii.

This week really was a good week, though. We didn't have any crazy or exciting things happen. It was just a solid week. My feet hurt at the end of almost every day so there's room for improvement but at the same time, I'm happy😊 we also reached a pretty high goal we set for ourselves one day so 👍🏻👍🏻 to us!!

Our potential investigator list is forever long. Seriously. There's people in there from over a year ago who haven't been contacted. So hopefully some of those people will become investigators! Buuuut our actual investigators right now are maybe 2. We think one might have dropped us but we're not real sure about that.. So yes, lots of work needs to be done here in Hachiōji. BRING IT.

Yesterday we had a "Chinese Night" (S/O to my Chinese BFF Liza Lin✌🏻️) and it was great fun. We invited every Chinese person we could find. Literally. Everyone brought food and we had a few good Chinese foods and everything. One of the members here is from China so he planned the whole thing and talked only in Mandarin. So everyone was as confused during those two hours as I am all day long. We were finally equal in some sense! But anywho, he shared his testimony and his conversion story and it was so cool to listen to. We also watched the "Because of Him" video in Chinese and that video is the bomb.com no matter what language you watch it in. I highly recommend it. President and Sister Warnick came as well since Sister Warnick speaks Mandarin and she shared her testimony too. We also had one of our investigators come!! Her name is Nomoto San and she's from China, married to a Japanese man. I think I've talked about her before. But she was so happy to be able to talk to sister Warnick and other Chinese speakers. It was great😊

Also, I'm going to start using Facebook soon so if you post anything about my blog or anything like that, please don't tag me in it! There's a million rules we have to follow for it. Kinda lame but I totally get why. So yes, you'll see my face pop up on your timeline again soon enough!

Weekly weird thing about Japan: 1) they only sell milk by the quart. QUART. Sister Porter and I together in a week half of what I drank by myself in a week at Utah State. It's killing me. Bread comes in packages of 4, 6, or 8 slices only. Lame. And they don't waste ANY of the meat here. It's nasty.

SCRIPTURES
Jacob 5:36, 41, 59; D&C 33:8-10; D&C 101:16; Jacob 6:5; Jacob 7:25D&C 135:3, 4, 6
Also, please read the talk "Faith is Not by Chance, but by Choice" by Elder Andersen from October 2015.

Shorter email this week because sometimes you don't feel like talking all that much about your repetitive life haha but I love you all!! And I hope you never forget that!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

愛しています!!!
--フィッシュバ-ン姉妹

Fun fact: I opened my call 6 months ago😱


Here in Japan, they are VERY superstitious
of the number four. Idk why.
Our new nice friends from Nepal👍🏻 that food
was SO good. And they're way nice. Really.
I could fit a small island off Italy under this umbrella







No comments:

Post a Comment