Tuesday, September 27, 2016

O-hayo konnichi bonwa!

3 months! I have been a missionary for over three months now!
WHAT THE EVEN IS THAT!?
So crazy.

Anywho.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT TO ELIZA (Chinese middle name I can never remember) LIN!! 20 YEARS OLD TODAY🎉🎉🎉

Also, I would like everyone to know that I love Hachiōji and I'm never leaving.

President Warnick closed the Takao sisters and now Sister Porter and I get the privilege of technically having two areas👍🏻it's slightly stressful.

Since we're working in Takao now we got to go teach eikaiwa there on Wednesday. Which was great! We taught the kids eikaiwa and got to talk to some new students from the advance class who are interested in learning more about the gospel!!! YAAAAAAAAS. We're actually going to the Warnick's family home evening with one of them tonight so yay😊

Thursday I got to go to Kofu! I went on splits with my STL, Sister Watson, and it was soooo fun. I rode a bike. My bum was real sore after that day and I was absolutely awful at it but I did it! I'm just real happy no one from home was there to witness that hahaha. Kofu is beautiful. It takes about 2 hours by train to get there from Hachiōji and everyone always teases that if you transfer to Kofu, you've been banished. It's so far from anything and anyone. But it was a great day filled with sharing the gospel and giving myself diabetes. There's this thing that apparently missionaries love here. It's called a supa kuupa. You take melon pan, hollow it out like a bread bowl, put vanilla ice cream and a black thunder (which is basically the best candy ever and I need to send some home for y'all), and then put the top back on. I almost died from the amount of sugar I consumed in that moment but it was delicious and I do not regret it. So yes, mom, I'm being very healthy👍🏻 Sister Watson also made me talk to people and start conversations on the train by myself and it was terrifying. My Japanese is real bad, folks. Real bad. No one ever understands me. It's like I'm speaking Haleyian again. SO BAD.

Friday was an adventure. Sister Watson and I woke up at 5:55 (after having only like maybe 3 hours of sleep due to the poor condition of the futon I was using😂) and left for Hachiōji at 6:45 to be back in time for me to be interviewed by President Warnick at 9:45. After our interviews, Sister Porter and I got to go to Tokyo! Like real Tokyo. Shinjuku, to be exact. So I was all over Japan on Friday haha.

Saturday we had a stake blitz in Tama, where Elder Tomita is from!! I actually met his parents! They say thank you for feeding him and taking care of him! During the blitz it was POURING rain. And we had a goal of giving out 74 Books of Mormon in about an hour and a half. I don't think we got the goal but we tried our best and considering the rain, I think we did great! I got to go on splits with Sister Watkins, who is just so funny and happy about everything, and Sister Suzuki, who is Nihonjin and probably the nicest person I've ever met. She's on transfer 12 so she only has one more and that makes me real sad. She is seriously the best. That hour I spent with her was my favorite!

I've talked about the members here in Hachiōji before but I just can't stop! They are the greatest people! We always have shokuji's (meals) with them pretty much every Sunday and usually at least one other dinner every week which is crazy for Japan haha. This week we were lucky enough to have three shokuji's! Last night we went to the Tsukada's for dinner. They're this cute old couple who I just adore. They're actually the bishops in-laws so his whole family came. It was just them and the missionaries and our Chinese friend Choyo who comes to everything hahaha. I love these shokuji's because it's the most normal I feel. Just chilling with some good people eating some good food. I LOVE being a missionary, but it's nice to feel like a real person sometimes haha. It's a weird thing to try and explain haha.

Our investigators are so frustrating! We have some really promising people but EVERYONE in Japan works so darn hard and never has time for anything. So we never get to meet with anyone. It's okay, though. We're still trying our hardest and trying to show the Lord we won't give up! The work is hastening but that hastening requires effort on our part!

Everyone's favorite part of the email: SCRIPTURES🎉
D&C 50: 40-46; D&C 138:59; Mosiah 1:6; Mosiah 7:19; Mosiah 12:27Mosiah 15:8; Mosiah 18:30; Mosiah 20:11(this one talks about dragons. They're real).
I hope y'all enjoy those. I do.

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.
--フィッシュバ-ン姉妹

Also, one of the Elders in my district didn't believe me when I told him I once received a "Little Miss Sass Pants" award. Jokes on him. It's in my room. He also asked me what dominate race dad was because he looks Mexican and said Miranda looks Mexican too. In that moment all I could think about was convincing one of Miranda's boyfriends in high school we were half Mexican😂😂


This is what happens when you tell 18-20 year olds
to teach an English conversation class 

District meeting

A nice selfie for y'all while we were walking to the church

Cutest little girl ever sharing a scripture with us after a shokuji with her family💕  

No comments:

Post a Comment