Monday, October 3, 2016

Grape juice gives me hope

We had grape juice at a members house last night and I'm currently sipping on the bottle I just bought while grocery shopping. It's reminding me that I may be in Japan working hard but I can still enjoy the little things. Like grape juice.

Anywho.

This week was kind of a blur. Really. I'm trying to remember specifics and it's real hard. So this might be a shorter email.

We always teach eikaiwa on Wednesdays and this week was no different except Sister Porter went to Takao and taught there while I stayed in Hachiōji. We went on member splits and I had the privilege of going with Yamauchi Shimai. I love me some Yamauch. She is so funny. She acts like a sophomore girl talking to senior boys and I find it hilarious. She's also easily like 60. She's the bomb😂

Thursday/Friday we went on splits again with the sisters in Kofu. But this time I got to stay in Hachiōji and be with Sister James. She's so cute. I love her! She's only a transfer two so we did some wonderful bean chan dendō hahaha but really.. On Friday we had an appointment with a less active and we were freaking out. Hard core. But we tried our best and ended up talking to her for two hours. She's had some pretty rough things happen this past year and just really needed someone to listen to her. So we talked to her about prayer and how God is always listening and He hears HER prayers and HER prayers are just as powerful as ours are. She was shocked to hear that and that made me kind of sad to realize she didn't know that. She didn't know that she could talk to her Heavenly Father and that He really does listen and care. I'm so glad we decided to teach her that. It was a huuuugeeeeeee miracle that Sister James and I were able to understand most of what was going on. The gift of tongues is real!!!

Long story short: Thursday before splits a random girl walked into the church, knocked on the door of the room we were in with a member, said she went to church in Utah when she was on a home stay, wanted to learn more, and had read up to 1 Nephi 8. WHAT THE!? The Lord puts prepared people in your path (or I guess literally brings them to you)! Her name is Hikari chan, which means light. She is theeee best. Oh yes. I very much like her.

Okay. Now the bad news... We got transfer calls on Saturday (isn't that crazy? I have like 4 more days of my first transfer and then I'm a transfer two!). I'm leaving Hachiōji😭😭😭😭 I'm going to Kamiooka! I'm super excited but so sad to be leaving Hachiōji and Sister Porter. My new companion will be.... TANIMOTO SHIMAI. YES. My new companion is Nihonjin. Yes, I'm terrified. I've heard she's SO nice but Nihongo is her first language and it isn't even one of my languages at this
moment so... Little worried for that.. But it'll be good! So on Thursday I will say goodbye to Hachiōji and hello to Kamiooka. All the members keep telling me they're going to write President Warnick and tell him to transfer me back😂😂 I seriously love them with all my heart💕

We had a killer shokuji last night. I won't bore you with the details but we played a game where you had to draw and with my limited drawing abilities, I think it's safe to assume I did not win. BUT everyone loved my interpretation of Mario so I think I'm the real winner🏅

We got to watch the women's session of conference buuuut it was all in Japanese.. So I read all of those talks and am just hoping when we get to watch it next week it'll be in English hahaha a girl can only dream! But I hope you all enjoyed conference and had some good experiences! From what I've heard so far it was a good weekend!

SCRIPTURES!!!🎉
Mosiah 24:21-22, Mosiah 27:29, Alma 2:28, Matthew 8:10&17, Matthew 12:30, Matthew 13:9, Matthew 14:27

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.
愛しています!!!
--フィッシュバーン姉妹



Nakazawa Family shokuji✌🏻️ 

Walking around Tama

Classic selfie from Sister Porter and I. You're welcome.

Yamauchi Shimai!!!! She is seriously SO funny😂

What really happens during Sunday
night conference calls

No comments:

Post a Comment