Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I gave up going to Costco for this email




The subject line isn't as sad as it sounds.

I like y'all better than I like Costco so I'm okay😊

How are y'all? I hope all is well. In the words of a wise woman "Is you good? Is you okay? Good. Cause I wanted to know!" --Glozell

Transfer weeks are crazy. So crazy. You spend basically all day on Tuesday cleaning and packing and then have a normal Wednesday and then Thursday comes and THEY KICK YOU OUT OF YOUR HOME AND MAKE YOU LEAVE EVERYTHING YOU LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN. As you can tell, I'm handling it very well.

My first day in Kamiooka we taught a half English lesson half gospel lesson. Since both the sisters who used to be here were Nihonjin they've been having an American member help so it was at her house. Her name is Joy姉妹 and she is so nice. That lesson was one of the most confusing things I think I have ever done. The English part was fine but the gospel part in Japanese went right over my head. Tanimoto 姉妹 would look at me to say something or testify and I would just freeze. But I did manage to fumble through a brief testimony of the sacrament and Christ's Atonement. So yokatta ne!

Tanimoto 姉妹 is so cute. Seriously. I love her. Everything she does makes me laugh. Everything. She's from a small town that's on the west side of Japan in the Kobe mission. She's just the best. We were both scared for our companionship because let's be real, I don't actually speak Japanese. And she doesn't feel confident in her English buuuuut we're making it work!

Kamiooka, as many of you know, is in Yokohama. Yokohama is known for having lots of hills. I must be honest, many hills but not that bad. I was expecting to die. Then again, I've only been here for like 4 days sooo.. And dad, Kamiooka is pronounced "ka me ohh ka". I really do like it here so far! It's waaaay cooler than Hachiōji temperature wise and for those of you who know me, know that that is a good thing👍🏻 I hate being hot. So much. So I am a happy camper at the moment! Our apartment is so big and nice. Well, compared to Hachiōji it is anyway hahaha you could probably fit the Hachiōji apartment in mom and dads bedroom. And it's super old. But I liked it! It was just funny walking into the Kamiooka apartment on Thursday and having a little bit of a shock hahaha. It's also above a karaoke place so expect great things from me when I get home. (jk. I don't think I'm allowed to go to
karaoke places😔)

General conference definitely isn't the same in Japanese but it was still good to sit and read the talks and be able to look up and see the faces of those who were talking. This conference was soo good! Elder Yamashita is basically the cutest human being and I loved his talk! I had a few other favorites as well but his was 👍🏻👍🏻

Scripture time!!
Matthew 17:20, Matthew 20:28, Matthew 23:11-12,
Alma 12:9, Alma 15:10, Alma 16:20, Alma 17:10, Alma 21:9&16
Please enjoy😊

Honesty hour. I'm not going to lie. Sometimes I wonder why I am here. Living in Japan. With a Japanese girl. Trying and failing to speak Japanese. It's so hard. But it's so worth it. Every day during our morning study I think about how wonderful it is that I get to study the scriptures every day and then go out and try and teach people about it. What a marvelous work! It's a hard work but it's a good work. People look at me like I'm crazy when I try to talk to them but it's okay!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

--フィッシュバーン姉妹

This is Ichikawa Shimai. She wanted to meet with us before I left and
she is so cute and so nice! She even brought us treats! Her daughter is
also the bomb diggity and just got back from the Kobe mission!

Saying goodbye to my mother, ポーター 姉妹😭 

Transfer daaaaaaay

Tanimoto 姉妹 made me dinner😂😂😂😂😂

No comments:

Post a Comment