Tuesday, October 18, 2016

This Is Bean Paste...






This is bean paste. BEAN PASTE. In my defense, I had tried it before
and it was disgusting so I wasn't excited to try it again.. But
Tanimoto Shimai, being the mean stepmom, made me try it again👎🏻


I bought a bike! 


In other news:  we have this investigator that we teach that is basically Macrae in Asian form. He's 9 years old and LOVES video games.  His name is Yudai and is thee sweetest little boy ever. He read the Book of Mormon picture book and loved it so he asked if he could read the real book. He's already read half of it! And he knew what pages and scriptures he likes the best! What the!? This kid is golden! We asked him to keep reading and mark the scriptures he likes and write in his Book of Mormon to which he adorably replied "I can do that!?" I love him. We teach him English for 30 minutes and then gospel stuff for 30 minutes and it's the best. He also calls me "Fishburn Sensei" which is the cutest thing ever. This week his friend was there with us so we asked him to explain the Book of Mormon to him. While he was explaining the spirit was so strong. The simple words of a 9 year old boy in Japan explaining the Book of Mormon are much more powerful than one would think. It's moments like that that keep me going.

Right now, Elder Bednar is in Japan!🎉 and tomorrow he is doing a conference for the missionaries of the Tokyo and Tokyo South mission! So I'll get to go listen to him speak in Nakano, Tokyo tomorrow! Super excited for that! He did a devotional last for members that we got to go to with some members and it was so cool. Gotta love getting to hear from and apostle!!! And this time, it was in English!!!!!!! The one line that keeps playing over and over again in my head is "This is the greatest season in the history of the restored church". Just ponder that for a second.

I'm pretty sure there's a saying that goes something like "the scriptures are good for your soul". Or maybe that was about chicken noodle soup.. Either way, both are good for your soul so I hope you get the chance to eat some chicken noodle soup soon and here are some scriptures to read while you eat!
Alma 24:19, Alma 26:2-3, Alma 29:1-10, Alma 30:34, Alma 31:5, Alma 34:38, Matthew 24:30-31

I love you all SOOOOO MUCH. Really. Always remember that!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

愛しています!!!
--フィッシュバーン姉妹





We heart attached a families door that took us 25 minutes by
bike and up the worlds largest hill to get to.
But it was worth it!! Fun fact: the kanji for Kamiooka ( $B>eBg2, (B)
means "up big hill". And it's not lying.

Apparently my bun and glasses are a big hit for my
companions so they always take pictures of me✌🏻️

We were housing and found her favorite animal, a lion!!





Kamiooka is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment