Thursday, October 27, 2016

4 Whole Months😱

Four months.

Four months.

My oh my. Four whole months.

My mind is slightly blown right now.

It's been a long four months. But it's also been a fast four months. The mission has this funny way of time warping everything. And I mean everything. I also can't stop singing "let's do the time warp again!" Now and I don't think that's necessarily a missionary appropriate
thing to be singing in my head because of what it's from😂 oops.. That reminds me. I accidentally deleted my favorite song off of my iPad and I'm SO upset about this. How am I supposed to start my days off right if I can't do my brows while listening to Whitney Houston sing about miracles and picturing Moses and the Jews leaving Egypt!? I am so upset with myself for making such a dumb mistake. I almost cried when I realized what I had done. It was bad.




Here's a few selfies so you don't forget what I look like👍🏻





In other news.

This week wasn't very exciting.. I cried some more because of darn Nihongo but that is nothing new. Crying is just part of the missionary life😂 don't fret about me, though, I'm fine! I have my down moments but I am pushing on! Just gotta stay positive!

So. Tuesday. Tuesday I got to go into the Tokyo mission and have a devotional with Elder Bednar. So cool! It was less of a "talk" and more of a discussion which was so cool! It's always a good time when you get to ask questions and talk about missionary work with an
apostle. So many wonderful things were said and learned and I would include them all but you'd all probably be slightly annoyed.. But please just know that latter day prophets, seers, and revelatory are on the earth today and they are amazing! One thing that I challenge all of you to do is super simple: on gospel library, search a word or a simple phrase and then go to the general conference results. Pick a random year and month and then read one of the talks. This has helped me find some of my favorite talks. It's so cool to see how by just simply looking and trying, the Lord will give you what you need. But the key is action! You have to act! The Lord is happy to bless you and help you but He isn't going to do anything if you just ask and expect it to just happen. So yes. 医女でございます。

On Friday we got to go into Yamate for zone conference. Yamate's church is at the top of one the largest hills I have ever seen in my life. Not even joking. It was killer getting there. I thought I was going to die. Seriously. I'm not being dramatic, I promise. But yes, it 'twas a lovely time and it's a great time to be a missionary in the Tokyo South mission👍🏻

Moment of honesty for the week: my knees and the hills of Kamiooka are not friends. Not even close. They haven't hurt me for a good year and a half and then I transfer to Kamiooka and they decide they don't like me again. It's partly my fault.. I fell while riding my bike and of course I landed RIGHT on my bad(der) knee. Just my luck. But do not fret. I have been commanded to start wearing my brace as much as I can by President and Sister Warnick. So yes, I am a transformer again👍🏻 but it's not too bad! I just have to take care of myself so I can keep going and stay in Japan and share this happy message.

Scriiiiiiiptures📖 Alma 36:3, Alma 41:10, Alma 44:3, Mark 6:50
"You can be all alone but you're not alone." -Elder Bednar

I hope all is well in Utah and my mountains are still beautiful. I love you all soooo much and please always remember that Jesus loves you too!! Also, please know that I wish I had a car so I could put a "I love Jesus" bumper sticker on it because I feel like that's just something you should do as a missionary. But alas, I have a bike.. Not a car.. And you can't really put bumper stickers on a bike.. But anywho, Jesus loves you! I love you! Your Father in Heaven loves you!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.
愛しています!!!
--フィッシュバーン姉妹




She writes in her planner in English sometimes and then just
stares at it and then at me wondering if she's right😂 
Her guess on devotional is my favorite thing ever.

She eats chips with chopsticks.. I told her that was one of the most
Asian things I've ever see and she told me I was racist..

"yakizakana" in kanji. This literally means "burn fish" so
Tanimoto Shimai wrote it for me haha


No comments:

Post a Comment