Monday, December 5, 2016

I have the answer.

I know what question you've all been wondering for some time now and I am pleased to report that I have the answer. "Tamagotchi" literally means "egg friend". You're welcome.

Also, shout out to mama and papa fish for the suteki Christmas tree and the subarashii Christmas package! I am not ashamed of the fact that I almost cried when I saw the Swiss rolls and chocolate fudge pop tarts. And don't get me started on the chocolate orange. Basically Christmas came early for me and it was the bomb.com and I haven't even opened the wrapped presents. THANK YOU!!! And thank you to Papenfuss Shimai's father for bringing it to Japan!

THE BAPTISM!!
In other news: MICHIKO SAN GOT BAPTIZED AND IS NOW MICHIKO SHIMAI🎉 that was a crazy day. We started the day off by teaching kids eikaiwa in the morning and then spending all day getting ready for the baptism. When the time actually came for the baptism I was just like "wait. This is real? This is actually happening right now?" Watching her get baptized was THEE best. Oh my. Of course it's exciting when anyone gets baptized but when it's someone who you know has done everything they can to try and follow Christ's example and you love them so much, it's the best feeling watching them walk into the font😊 she is seriously the cutest. She kept saying she wanted to do it one more time😂ahhhh it was the best! She was so happy and couldn't stop smiling! Basically, I just want everyone to get baptized and feel the joy of the gospel! I guess it's a good thing I'm a missionary then! After the baptismal meeting we had a Christmas concert put on by the Shibuya Institute Choir. 'Twas a lovely time and I quite enjoy Christmas music even when it's in Nihongo and I can't understand it.

We had some good lessons this week and were able to figure out some needs of one of our investigators which was super nice. We weren't really sure where she was at or how she was feeling so this was a miracle. She's been an investigator for about 8 months now and comes to church every week. I'm pretty sure she believes it all, she's just scared. But it's okay because little by little we will help her! 

I got to see Porter Shimai twice this week and ah man, I miss her. It was so good to see her. I also saw some Hachiōji members at the Christmas concert and that sure warmed my soul! I will forever always love Hachiōji💕

On Friday, Kawamitsu Shimai and I decided we were going to go heart attack this family in the ward and then do some housing and posting for the Christmas concert. As we were walking, we passed this nice lady pushing another nice lady in an wheelchair. They stopped us. THEY STOPPED US. They just wanted to know where we were from but still! That initial stop is always a little rough so it was a miracle that they did it for us haha and we were able to invite them to the Christmas concert and they seemed super excited! I don't know if they came or not because there was a tooooon of people there but I hope they did! We also gave them a flyer with the elders phone number on it so maybe one day they'll call them and we'll get to meet them again!

It was simply a week of miracles here in Kichijoji. Pretty much every week is a week of miracles. But I especially liked this weeks miracles😊

It's all starting to make more sense as to why I'm here. Why I'm serving a mission. Why I'm in Japan. Why I'm in Kichijoji. Why I was in Hachiōji and Kamiooka. I still don't know the answers but it's making more sense to me now. If that makes any sense at all hahaha I'm just too good with words sometimes. I'm still struggling every day with little things and sometimes big things but it's easier to see the big picture of it all now. I've come to the realization that I am a detail oriented person and seeing the big picture is a struggle and a half for me. So maybe that's why I've had some hard times, so I can learn to see the bigger picture of it all. Wakaranai. But for now I'll just keep on keeping on and try my best! 


Scriptures! I don't have a ton this week but here are a few! 1 Nephi 1:20and 1 Nephi 10:19. Also, President Uchtdorf's talk "You Matter to Him" from October 2011 general conference. Good stuff. Good stuff.

Okay. I'm done rambling now. Thank you for reading my ramblings and please know someone in the land of the rising sun loves you!🎌


Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

愛しています!!!
--フィッシュバーン姉妹



Kawamitsu Shimai just casually drew this during companionship study.


She also drew me on a whiteboard at the church

I FOUND A POOP COOP SOMEONE PLEASE TELL LAUREN
(I don't have her email and she's serving the good Lord in Texas).




I died laughing at this. Please enjoy.


She's too funny😂😂😂

No comments:

Post a Comment