Monday, November 28, 2016

Herrrrro!

Tokyo Temple with my fav Nihonjin✌🏻️
Fun fact: that's really how they pronounce "hello" here and it's my favorite thing to say "hello" to people on the street just to hear them say it back. It's also a good time when you act like you know zero Nihongo. They usually just giggle and use what little English they've learned in school and then giggle some more. It's adorable. Seriously. Our interactions normally go something like this: 
Me:"hello!" 
Nihonjin: *giggle*"Hello!" 
Me: "How are you?"
Nihonjin: "I'm fine, shank you!" *giggle*
Me: "Oh, eigo jouzu desu ne!"
Nihonjin: *giggle*
And then my Nihonjin (Kawamitsu Shimai) steps in and takes it from here.
Yup. That's my life as a missionary in Japan.

Oh, today was temple p-day so please accept my sincerest apologizes for not emailing yesterday. If I had known today was temple p-day, I would have told you but they decided to tell us on Wednesday last week so I was unable to inform y'all. Gomen.

Happy things!

This week was crazy. It's nonstop here Kichijoji which is absolutely wonderful but boy am I tired all the time hahaha I love it! I can't even remember specifics all I know is I don't really remember what it's like to have free time and the people here in Kichijoji are so prepared for this gospel and they're all amazing.

MICHIKO SAN!! She's a miracle💕
Speaking of prepared people: Michiko San. I mentioned her in last weeks email and I must mention her again! She had her baptismal interview last week and... she's getting baptized on Saturday!! AHHHH YAY!!! She's seriously so cute, y'all. So cute. She like can't talk to anyone about anything without somehow testifying about something. It's the best. And she only met the missionaries about a month ago. It's basically unheard of for someone in Japan to get baptized that fast. She is the definition of a kinjin. She also always brings us food so that's a bonus😂 but really, I love her so much and I'm so happy she is getting baptized on Saturday!! AHHHHH YAAAAAS🎉

Another miracle from this week: so it's no secret I've been struggling hard core with my Japanese. Many tears have been shed and many tissues have been used (fun fact #2: "runny nose" in Nihongo is "hana mizu" which literally translates to "nose water"😂). But the gift of tongues is real. Let me tell ya how I know that. Don't get me wrong, I just most definitely do not know Japanese and struggle all day every day but the Lord helps His missionaries when they are doing what they have been called to do. On Friday I went on splits in Hibarigaoka with Casteñeda Shimai, my new sister training leader, and when went and volunteered at this retirement home. On the way there and they way back, I was able to have like real conversations with two people on the bus! Yes, there were moments where I had know idea what they said but I was able to figure it out and really communicate with them by myself. It was a good feeling to finally be able what I have been trying to do for 5 months now.

That reminds me, I've been a missionary for 5 months now. What the??

We had Thanksgiving dinner at the mission home and it was kind of weird but so yummy. I'm sure y'all can only imagine how sad I was during those days when I thought I wouldn't get a Thanksgiving dinner because I LOVE Thanksgiving. But do not fear, President and Sister Warnick pulled through and made my stomach and soul quite happy. We also had two other "Thanksgiving" dinners throughout the week with some members. The members here are so great! There's 10 missionaries here in Kichijoji because of the office elders and the APs and the members fed all of us. SO MUCH FOOD. 


  



So. Every morning we get up at 6:00am here in Kichijoji. Why? Well, since we basically live at the church we go and play basketball with the elders every morning. Yes, you read that right. Basketball. And yes, I'm still just as bad as I was in 6th grade when I played Junior Dart but good news is the elders are all much nicer about it than dad was and I'm slowly getting better👍

So many things happened this week, I don't even know what else to tell you! It was just a week full of miracles! Oh, Kawamitsu Shimai is the bomb. Really. She is SO funny hahaha I'm constantly laughing at her and then she tells me "stop laughing! I don't want to be a funny person! I want to be a boring person!" Because in Japan it isn't a good thing to be funny but I tell her she'd be so loved in America because we love funny people. Seriously, she's the best.

Fun fact #3: in less than a month, I get to skype y'all and see your cute faces and actually talk to y'all! WHAAAAAT!? Is Christmas really that close already? I swear I just left Hachiōji. This last transfer flew by and now this transfer is too. When I talk to you, I'll be a transfer 4. Out of 12😱. CRAZY! But yeah, I'm just a little excited to talk to y'all on Christmas😊

Scriptures: Ether 1:38-43, Ether 6:9, Moroni 7:33-34, Luke 7:47-48&50, Luke 9:57.
Fun fact #4: according to my calculations, Ether 12 says "faith" 33 times.



Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

愛していますよ!

--フィッシュバーン姉妹



Kichijoji area missionaries. Told you there was a trillion of us
(okay, 10 but still, that's a lot).




She was so happy to decorate this tree😂
Our Christmas tree from mama fish🎄



Possibly one of the worst pictures I've ever taken but we had
FHE last night at the Warnicks and it was stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment