Sunday, November 20, 2016

Life in the Kich✌🏻️

Coming at ya live from Kichijoji! 

First of all, leaving Kamiooka was much harder than I expected it to be and I'm really sad about it all but I'm slowly getting over it. 

Second, being in Kichijoji is weird. Like if I need something from the APs or tech staff or something, they are literally across the street from me. Super convenient but also weird haha. Another convenient fact: the Kichijoji sisters apartment is approximately a 30 second walk from the church and the honbu. IT IS AMAZING. I love it! 

So last week we had stake conference for the Yokohama stake and this week we had stake conference for the Musashino stake. I will be the first to say that sitting through stake conference is 10329174810193 times harder when you're trying to understand even a slightest part of what is being said. It was rough. Especially having it two weeks in a row. But I survived so all is well.

PLEASE BE PROUD: I got to Kichijoji BY MYSELF on Thursday and only had to ask one person for help with my broken Japanese. Basically, I have reached my peak and there's nothing else I need to learn so they should just send me home now. Jk. I have lots to learn and as much as I miss y'all, I'm not coming home any time soon. ごめんγͺさい。

So there's this lady here in Kichijoji. Her name is Michiko San. She is adorable. She is 65 years old and just so cute. She's kinjin (literally translates to golden person). She had a baptismal date for Christmas but then the day I came here they had a lesson with her (before I got here) and she was like "I want to get baptized now". Sooo they moved her baptismal date up to December 3rd!! SO SOON. But she's seriously the best. We're meeting with her pretty much every day until her interview to make sure she's ready and we're just so excited for her! After stake conference we had a lesson with her and she asked me to speak at her baptism so I'm a wee bit nervous about that but I will do my best and hopefully someone will be able to understand my Nihongo haha but yes, so exciting!

My new companion is the best. Seriously. She is Nihonjin and is probably one of the funniest people I've ever met. Her name is Kawamitsu Shimai. She's basically fluent in English, too. Which is super nice because I feel like I can actually ask her questions and stuff about Nihongo and both of us can understand. We have certain Nihongo only days and certain Eigo only days here in the Tokyo South mission and I've been struggling real bad with that but Kawamitsu Shimai is so great and makes it waaaay easier somehow haha. But yes, I love her dearly. So cute.

Scriptures! 3 Nephi 12:16, 3 Nephi 16:19, 3 Nephi 18:31, 3 Nephi 25:6&11, 4 Nephi 1:17, Luke 5:10

This is my new life here in Kichijoji. I wish y'all could be experiencing it with me! I love you all SO DARN MUCH!! 

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

ζ„›γ—γ¦γ„γΎγ™γ‚ˆ!!!
--フィッシγƒ₯バーン姉妹

The temple cave we went to! The entire time everyone kept joking about
what I would do if they caught my hair on fire. It wasn't funny.

Basically Indian Curry is the nectar of the Gods and I was real happy in this moment. REAL happy😊


Last district meeting in Kamiooka.

No comments:

Post a Comment