Monday, April 17, 2017

Moral of the story: pay attention to stops on the train🤦🏻‍♀️



Yup. I went to the Nagoya mission. 'Twas slightly sketch and I much prefer the Tokyo South mission but was a grand time.

Why did I go to the Nagoya mission? Oh, I'll tell you because I'm sure you're all just dying to know. So. On Thursday we had Zone conference and then I went to Kofu with Castañeda Shimai on splits. Kofu is the last area in our mission before the Nagoya mission. It takes approximately two hours by train to get to Kofu from Hachiōji and Castañeda Shimai and I were like half awake and talking and half dead. So we ride and ride and then we hear "Anayama" as the next station and she was like "I've never heard of this station before. Shoooot. Did we pass Kofu!?" So we ask the cute girl next to us which way Kofu was and sure enough, it was back the way we came. So we got off in Anayama and go look at a train map. We were 5 stations away from Kofu 🤦🏻‍♀️ but the good news is we were only two stations outside of the Kofu area so not too bad, right?😕 but we just laughed and said a prayer of repentance that night haha yup. That happened.




In other news, we have a working washer and stove now!!! Yay!!! All thanks to the help of the elders and wonderful members here in Hachioji! Yay! We made our first real meal last night in our apartment and we both were close to tears. It was a beautiful experience.

We had another lesson with an investigator and it was so good! We had dinner and baked cookies while we talked about what our "promise land" would be and how if we follow Christ and keep the commandments we will have our "promise land" and God will bless us more than we could ever imagine! She really liked that😊 she also has started reading the Book of Mormon and I think she can see the difference it's making in her life. She told us "I'm sorry I'm so happy and in such a good mood!" And we were like "uh.. why are you apologizing for that..?" Then she said *drumroll please* "I don't know. But I think I'm so happy because of God". YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS🎉😭😊 so good. SO GOOD.

Splits in Kofu was way fun. We biked A TON and I was slightly really worried about that but all was well and I'm in one peace. #blessed. Kofu is insanely beautiful and if you didn't have to bike an hour and a half to visit people every day I would love to transfer there buuuut yeah.. probably wouldn't be good. But splits for a day is still good😊

Fun fact: I have been a missionary for 300 days. What? Yup. THREE HUNDRED DAYS. Weird.

Since the Takao area doesn't have Sister missionaries the Hachioji sisters are in charge of the Takao area and on Saturday we got to go on member splits in Takao and work there for a few hours. No one really had any interest but it was good to go out and do what we could with the members to try and help the area. It was a good day!

I hope every one has had/is having a great Easter Sunday! If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend taking two minutes to watch the new Easter video the church made "Prince of Peace". SO GOOD. We show it to everyone and watch it like five times a day on our own haha. I love how the church comes out with new videos for Christmas and Easter to help us remember our Savior and what He has done for us. Whenever I think about the Atonement I get completely overwhelmed. Just the amount of love that He has for us is incomprehensible. And then you think about everything else and it is simply amazing. He is amazing. I don't know if y'all know this but I love Jesus. And I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I have that because of His sacrifice and His resurrection we can all live again. Isn't that just the coolest!? I think it is. #missionarylife

Yes. This week instead of sharing scriptures I'm just going to ask you to watch the "Prince of Peace" video. That is my most humble suggestion for this week. Please consider it and I thank you in advance for your participation.




Weeeeell that's probably it for the week. Sorry, I got to distracted by how pretty the cherry blossoms were and never took a picture and now they're dying so please forgive me for my mistakes.. if I see any that are still semi okay, I'll snap a few pictures for ya! But there aren't a lot in Hachioji.. so sad, right!?

Anywho, I've rambled for long enough. I hope you all have a wonderful week and always remember how loved you are!!

Love you!


Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

愛しています💕
--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥

Temple pday




I was studying and all the sudden I hear a camera noise and
Castañeda Shimai says "you looked so cute so I took a picture"






No comments:

Post a Comment