Monday, April 24, 2017

Once upon a time...✨


In a land far, far away I was walking down the street and I thought to myself "can you even imagine how crazy it would be to live in Asia!?" And then a few seconds later I thought "wait a minute.." and then I had that "you're an idiot" moment. This is my life.

I have given up on the whole "time" thing as a missionary. It just makes no sense. None.

Speaking of time, I hit 10 months on Saturday and that's just gross.

I got to go to Kofu again! It was much fun. Very much fun. I'm not even joking right now. I was with Cranston Shimai, she's a bean chan from California with a fire testimony. We had a white day, meaning no plans at all, so we were kind of just like "uhh.. what do we do?" So we had planned to do streeting, housing, and passing out fliers for eikaiwa but for some reason we ended up streeting for like 4 hours. Yup. And I strongly dislike streeting because I am so bad. So bad. Buuuut bean chan power pulled through and Cranston Shimai stopped a ton of people and we were able to get a good rhythm of her starting the conversation or stopping people and me keeping it going and somehow connecting it to the gospel and then she always stepped up to the plate and testified like a mad woman. We got to see so many miracles and talk to a lot of slightly strange people but it was good! We also did housing for like 20 minutes after we talked to this nice old lady who kindly invited us over for tea but we sadly weren't able to go. But she said we could come back and visit her and even walked us to her house so we could know where she lived! She was so cute. Her name was Yoshii San. I like Yoshii San. Yes, good time in Kofu.
I found turtles in Kofu🎉😊🤗

And we didn't leave the mission this time so that's always a plus. But we did manage to not have a phone because both senior companions were in Hachioji and we never got the Kofu phone from them before they got on the train to go to Kofu.. but that's okay because we didn't need it. We don't need to talk to people on the phone. Who does that? Not us! Okay, I'm done rambling about Kofu now.

I don't even know what to say about this week.

It was crazy busy.

We committed an investigator to a baptismal month! Yes, a month. Not a day yet but we are working on it and we're hoping for a day in June😊 We also got to meet with a referral from the sisters in Nakano in the Tokyo mission. She lives in Takao now and used to go all the way to Nakano (like 45 minutes by train) to meet with the sisters there but she decided she can't do that anymore so they reassigned her to us. She's super cute and basically just testified the entire time we talked with her so we have lots of hope for her😊

I don't exactly know how but we managed to have nine lessons this week and visit a reassignment from the elders. That may not seem like a lot for other missions and other parts of the world but it's a lot here and we were definitely blessed. But starting this Saturday is a week full of holidays that they call "Golden Week" so people may not be able to meet with us for that time so that could be a bummer but that just gives us more time to find new people to meet with!  Gotta look on the bright side and find new opportunities, yo🤘🏻

So many things happened this week. I don't even know what else to say.

Oh. We had a bomb meal with the Tsukada couple. They're the bishops wife's parents so the bishop, his wife, and their 5 daughters all come and then all the Hachioji missionaries come and anyone is welcomed so a few other members come and we try and bring investigators. It's always delicious and so fun. We always play the same game at the end and I won't describe it but please just know that I do my best but I am still awful at it. I get all flustered.. #sasuga

Well, before I leave I'd like to try and give ya some good scriptures to read. Right now I'm focusing on the topic of "charity and love" in the Book of Mormon so some of these scriptures may seem random but I promise if ya try hard enough you can connect them to love💕 1Nephi 18:16, 1 Nephi 19:9, 1 Nephi 22:8, 2 Nephi 1:15, 2 Nephi 2:6

Okay. Now I must go. love you all sooooo much and I can't wait to skype you in 20 days!!!!
AHHHHH!!!!

Love you!!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

愛しています💕
--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥



The beautiful Cranston Shimai and I walking the
streets of the thriving metropolis of Kofu
Here's a picture of a dying Sakura tree to represent my mothers
dying dream of ever getting a pretty picture of sakuras from me😬

Windy selfie with the Sakura




No comments:

Post a Comment