Monday, February 6, 2017

Straight 🔥 in the Kich


Mom, don't worry but Harmon Shimai and I may or may not have accidentally got a nikuman on fire.

In other news: Harmon Shimai is the cutest person ever and even though I miss my favorite Nihonjin, I love Harmon Shimai! She's from Idaho and is my age but is a transfer 8 so she's four months ahead of me. She's also going to go to Utah State after she gets home so yay for that! Go Aggies🐮💙

Monday night we had the sisters from Yokosuka come stay with us because one of them had to go back to America early for medical reasons so then her companion, Black Shimai, joined Kawamitsu Shimai and I until transfers on Thursday. Black Shimai is great haha really, she's super funny and so nice. So it was a good few days with her and the Kawamits. We just went about our normal dendō business and 'twas
lovely.

The dreaded transfer day finally came. I was NOT excited for Thursday in the slightest. So I was a little grumpy but I was trying to get over that and be a big girl. We went to Machida to meet a bunch of other companionships so we could all get our new companions and make sure no one was alone. So it was Machida where I officially became companions with the always lovely, Harmon Shimai! I had met her like 3 times before but it was always brief and so we were both a little like "oh, hey.. we've met before but like.. yeah.." but we got over that real fast. But poor Harmon Shimai woke up sick that day and was miserable. So the next day we called Warnick Shimai and asked about her symptoms and she told us that Harmon Shimai probably has the flu. Yaaaay! So we had a super chill weekend of staying in the apartment and her sleeping while I studied and wrote emails and such to send to some people in our area book. Super exciting weekend. But when she wasn't sleeping we just talked and talked and talked. GUYS SHE THINKS I'M FUNNY AND ACTUALLY UNDERSTANDS MY JOKES😭🎉 it's the best hahaha after four and a half months with a Nihonjin, it's weird having everything I say be understood. But yes. We have gotten way close way
fast. I'm super excited for this transfer with her!

Because Harmon Shimai has been sick we haven't had much real dendō time so I don't have any stories about that.. OH MY I ALMOST FORGOT HOW COULD I FORGET THIS. Y'all are never going to believe me when I tell you this. Are you ready? DRUM ROLL, PLEASE *drums roll in the distance* I ate cow tongue. Yup. COW TONGUE. So my homegirl, Li San, was like "it's so yummy! Let's go get it before Kawamitsu Shimai transfers!" And I was like "oh..yay.. so excited.. a woot woot.. *half-hearted fist pump*" so we went. And I ate. And the outcome was that it tastes fine but the idea that I had COW tongue on MY tongue was just not very appetizing. So yeah. I ate cow tongue.

Okay, mom, now I'll explain the fire. So since Harmon Shimai has had the flu she hasn't eaten real food since Thursday. So yesterday she says "I think I can eat real food. I wanna try a nikuman" so I put it in the microwave for her and normally that's all you have to do and then like 45 seconds later it's done. For some reason, that didn't happen this time. So it was in the microwave forever and next thing we both know, there's smoke coming out of it! So Harmon Shimai grabs it with a towel and runs out of the apartment while I stand there trying to fan the smoke away and then I go over to open another window and the smoke detector goes off and we're both just like "fantastic!" So once we get it to stop Harmon Shimai runs that outside too so it doesn't go off again and the whole time this is happening people are walking past our apartment just staring at us like "stupid Americans" and all we can think is "we can't let the elders know this is happening right now!!" So we get it all sorted out and nothing is damaged and we have all the windows open and everything but our apartment smells so bad. Sooooo bad. So we spread a frick ton of air freshener trying to get it to be okay and it's just not working. So our apartment still smells weird but slowly it's getting better. We also decided we should call the recorder and see if this is an incident we have to report. So we called Elder Pratt and he just laughed at us and said that since there wasn't any damage we're fine. He also didn't know how to report that and didn't want to figure it out so it all worked out for everyone hahaha.

Scriptures!!! Alma 29:1, Alma 31:5,38, Alma 32:6, Alma 33:11, Luke 24:31. I've also been reading "Our Heritage" from the missionary library and I highly recommend it. Maybe I just like it because it's history and I'm a history nerd but it's super good!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.
愛しています!!!

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥


The always adorable Harmon Shimai and I decided to
take some selfies for y'all. Please enjoy.
 
Our adorable kids English class students came to sacrament
meeting to hear Kawamitsu Shimai speak before she left

The cow tongue incident

I love James Shimai so much. She's the bomb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment