Monday, July 31, 2017

Transfer 9 is upon us!


 Yup. That's right. 9. Nine whole transfers. Well, 8 whole transfers and the first few days of a 9th. Is it just me or is time starting to go faster and faster? I swear I was just transfer four. Gross.

I would just like everyone to know that saying goodbye to Tomori Shimai was not fun and I'm still not over that. She will be greatly missed here in the land of Hachioji. But the people of Yamate need her more than I do so I let her go.. slightly begrudgingly but none the less, I let her go.

Patch Shimai is great. Really. She's a super hard worker and you can tell she loves the Lord and this work with all her heart. She's from Michigan and did a year and a half at BYU before her mission studying environmental science (yeah, if that right there doesn't tell you how opposite we are, I don't know what will). But she's super relaxed and we get along really well. And boy, have we seen some miracles together
already!

Now for the miracles.

For starters we had like 6 new people come to eikaiwa on Wednesday! It was way good! Slightly scary teaching that many people but it was good! Everyone was super nice and I think most people had a good time so that's good, haha.

Thursday was transfer day and I just don't like transfer day so we're skipping over that for now.



On Friday Patch Shimai and I went to the Hachiōji-Minamino train station and did some streeting around there. We were also going to do some housing so while we were walking to the housing spot we had picked we stopped this lady and wait for it, she's been looking for a new English class to go to! Yay! So we introduced our eikaiwa and our free family English program and she said she wanted to do it! So we
exchanged numbers and she was sooo nice. She's busy this week but said she'll call us next week so we can set up an appointment to meet. Yaaaaaaaaas. But then after that the sky started getting reeeeeeal dark and scary and since we had no idea what the weather forecast was we were slightly concerned. So we prayed. And decided that housing wasn't what we were meant to do that night and streeted back to the
station. Fun fact: we talked to three beauticians in like one hour. What are the odds, right? One told us if we ever go to Shibuya to call her salon and they'll cut our hair for free so they can use it as advertisement for their salon, haha. Too bad we can't go to Shibuya😔

I've come to the conclusion that areabooks in the Tokyo south mission have been seriously neglected so we're cleaning up our areabook. And we texted a girl that we found and MIRACLE SHE TEXTED US BACK AND WE MIGHT GET TO MEET HER ON SATURDAY IN TAKAO. YAAAAAAAS WHAT A GOOD DAY.

Saturday we found a new investigator! Well, Patch Shimai found her but still. I was writing our report for our missionary correlation meeting (I think that's what it's called in English..) and Patch Shimai was calling some old lady's in our areabook and she set up an appointment with one for the free family English program so we'll do half an hour of English and half an hour of gospel with her. We're pretty excited about this, haha.

Here I am, rambling again. So sorry. So I'll end this now.

Here are the scriptures for the week! Mormon 9:11-13, Ether 2:24-25,
Ether 4:12-14, Ether 6:12, and Ether 12:4. As always, remember the
love💙

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

Love you!
愛しています💕

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥


I also forgot to add something in my big email.. last night when I got out of the shower I looked up and there was a COCKROACH on the wall. Yeah. I was surprisingly very calm and Patch Shimai said she'd catch it if I'd kill it so we made a deal. But then as I was getting dressed she screams sooo loud so I hurry and finish getting dressed and she then informs me that SHE LOST IT. So it's still running free somewhere in our apartment but we put down a bunch of cockroach poison stuff so hopefully it finds that and dies.. also, I had a dream about cockroaches after that and it was not pleasant. GROSS.


These campaign posters are everywhere and I think they're hilarious.
They've also been up since I got here last summer and I don't know how
long Japanese campaigns last but I feel like it HAS to be over by now, right?
Me and the Patch.

Tomori Shimai's last night😭 and our cute friend, Mayumi San. She's great.


No comments:

Post a Comment