Tuesday, July 11, 2017

I found one!!!!!

I did it. I have found a Wendy's in Japan!! There is one at the Machida train station. Despite the pure joy I felt when I heard this news, I did not eat Wendy's. After the initial feeling of euphoria left I was left feeling nothing but straight fear. What if I ate Japanese Wendy's and it ruined all Wendy's for me? So I have decided to wait and not eat Wendy's until I am back in the land of bald eagles and cars on the right side of the road.

In other news this week was hotter than hades in Tokyo and it's just going to keep getting worse. It is safe to say that my dislike for summer is still there and stronger than ever.

HAPPY LATE INDEPENDENCE DAY TO THE LAND THAT I LOVE SO DEARLY🇺🇸🇺🇸 I hope y'all had a great day and felt the love that our forefathers had for that beautiful land.

Okay. I'm done gushing about America now.

In celebration of the Fourth of July I wore a red and white striped dress that's pretty long. Mistake. We went to Toyoda that day and we were there all day so we just brought with us little umbrellas in case it rained. It did. And we were like "oh, it's fine. Well just go do some housing and we'll be fine". WRONG. I was drenched. The bottom of my dress got so wet and was so heavy it started dragging on the ground. I was walking around holding it up off of the ground. It was bad hahaha and the rain was coming down soooo hard. We couldn't hear a single thing through any of the intercoms. But hey, we were trying haha.

On Thursday Tomori Shimai went to MLC in Kichijoji and I went to Machida on splits with Ni Shimai. She's cool. I like her quite a bit. She's half Chinese and half New Zealander(?). But she grew up in Fukuoka haha interesting, right? Her first language is Japanese but when she decided to go to BYU Hawaii she started learning English again (she learned when she was little but forgot it all) and now she's fluent in English too. She's wicked smart. And SO nice. We taught a lesson to their investigator who I had taught before when I went to Machida last month. It was way good. The investigator is really wondering why we have the Book of Mormon and why it's so important. When she said that I was like "this woman needs the Restoration! Give it to her, Machida Sisters!!" Haha but she's way nice and I feel like she will definitely be baptized one day. It may take some time but one day.

We also taught another investigator on Thursday. Hahahaha she's so funny. I wish you could all meet her. Seriously. I love her. We help her with her English class homework and then teach her after that. We taught the plan of salvation to her and she was like "I actually have thought about what happens after we die and it's always RIGHT before I fall asleep and then I can't sleep the entire night because I just think about it the whole night" hahaha so at the end we asked her "did we help answer your question?" And she was like "yes!" Hahaha the gospel truly does answer the questions of the soul, yo!

Saturday night our district leader called me and asked me to give a training at district meeting next week and let's just say I'm a little worried about that. I become the least eloquent speaker ever when I have to give trainings. Nothing at all ever comes out how I want it to haha but for now I'll just hope and pray that my district can at least
learn something from my rantings about the Book of Mormon that I've prepared haha.

Yesterday we had splits with the Kofu sisters and luckily they both came to Hachiōji and we had two companionship working here. If we didn't do that, I would have had to go to the temple from Kofu. That's like a 3 and a half hour train ride. And I did NOT want to do that. Nope. But we also had a Zone blitz last night so it all worked out perfectly in my favor haha. Our zone blitz was good. We had a goal to give out 10 copies of the Book of Mormon and gave out a total of 7. Cranston Shimai and I streeted for about two hours and talked to more people than I think I ever have in one day but NO ONE wanted to accept the Book of Mormon. They were all really nice when we were talking to them and introducing the Book of Mormon but when we tried to give it to them, they all were like "why would I want this?" So that was rough but again, we were trying! And at least we've given those people something to think about and hopefully left a good impression of the church and missionaries.

This weeks scriptures are Alma 61:9, Alma 62:40-41, Helaman 3:27-30, and Helaman 5:9-10. Remember the love💙

I hope you all have a wonderful week this week and never forget there's a crazy sister missionary in Japan who loves you!!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

Love you!
愛しています💕

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥

After our zone blitz🤘🏻

Ni Shimai and IWe got "Mr. Waffle" which is Belgian waffles. So yummy!
Ni Shimai's sweet tooth is probably worse than mine (not even joking)
so we were both very pleased with our choice of a break timesnack.

Kofu shimaitachi!
Cranston Shimai is a bunny and
Hirata Shimai is just adorable.




No comments:

Post a Comment