Monday, September 18, 2017

Big shock here..

I forgot to write down my scriptures again..๐Ÿ˜’ so sorry. Please read on your own, folks. You'll get more out of it that way, anyway๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Hahahaha today in Japan is respect for the elderly day and so we want to make cards for elders because we think we're funny๐Ÿ˜‚

This week in Yamate was a good one! But not overly exciting, if I'm being honest haha.

It rained a looooot. Like a lot. So going out and trying to talk to people was a bit rough but we did our best. Actually, speaking of rain, it rained all day Saturday and Sunday because there was a typhoon! Yaaaas! But to my disappointment it like really came Sunday night when we were sleeping. Lame๐Ÿ˜’

On Wednesday we had zone conference but it was the whole Yokohama stake so there were a buuunch of missionaries here in Yamate. It was way good. We focused on Enduring to the End and working with the ward and stake leaders. So good. Definitely inspired. It was cool to see all of the Yokohama stake missionaries. But it also made me realize that I don't know like any of the younger missionaries anymore and I am just an old woman now. I don't know them and they don't know me. Sad, right?

So fun history fact for all of you: back on September 1, 1901 here in Yamate, not far from where our church is, the dedicatory prayer for the the Japan mission was said. How cool!? So all Zone conferences were held here in Yamate in honor of that. And because of that there's a ton of church history stuff in the Yamate church and I'm just like a kid in a candy shop. It's the best. Seriously. So cool! We also had the first stake president in Japan come and speak to us. He's like 91 years old and so cool. He wants to live to be 129. I like him. He also basically told us that if we want to run away and go home to just do it. I don't think President Warnick enjoyed that part๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Okay. This broke my heart. We went to meet one of our investigators here and her husband is pretty opposed to church things. Well, he wasn't supposed to be home and he actually was home. So he answered when we got there and told us his wife had "stoped the Christ thing" and that we weren't allowed to talk to her anymore because he said so. We tried to leave some banana bread and he wouldn't even accept that. He wouldn't listen to literally anything we said. It was bad. And I started to cry and then he apologized but I was just done and couldn't take it anymore. His wife wants to follow Christ so badly but he won't let her. I don't understand. I mean, I do because Christianity doesn't have a good reputation here in Japan but at the same time it just makes NO sense to me. None. So as he was apologizing I just had to walk away. Rodriguez Shimai and I are praying that one day his heart will soften and he will allow her to be baptized like she wants to be. If he never does, I know she'll have the opportunity in the next life to fully receive the gospel and all that it has to offer her.

Missions are hard. They're real hard. People tell you no a lot. Way more than any other time in your life, I think. But even though that's true, you also get to meet people who tell you yes sometimes and they make up for it all. But if you let those "no"'s stop you and keep you from trying to find those who will say yes, you'll only find the sad parts of being a missionary. So you have to keep going and keep trying. The blessing don't always come right when we want them or how we want them but they will come. You just have to endure to the end! Keep enduring, fam.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week! Oh! Next week we're going with the elders to a zoo where apparently you can ride camels. But it's kind of far so I don't know how much emailing time I'll have..but I love you all SO much!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

ๆ„›ใ—ใฆใ„ใพใ™๐Ÿ’•

--ใƒ•ใ‚ฃใƒƒใ‚ทใƒฅใƒใƒผใƒณๅง‰ๅฆน๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ”ฅ




We went to a park one morning to do some finding and it was beautiful! We also met some cool people who wanted to take pictures with us and then they showed us their drawings and they are like reeeeeal good. So good. We talked to them for quite some time. I enjoyed it haha they said our church was too far from where they actually live but they would try to find one closer to them so that was cool๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป







No comments:

Post a Comment