Monday, September 4, 2017

The week of trashed shoes👠

Hey, fam!

Yup. My shoes are reaching the end of their lives (mom, this doesn't mean you send me more, I have plenty!). This week I noticed that one pair has holes in both shoes and another is just straight up falling apart😂. I guess that's just life when you walk literally everywhere🤷🏻‍♀️. Not going to lie, makes me feel like I'm maybe doing this whole "missionary" thing semi correctly. Idk.

In other news for the week.

We had a good family home evening lesson with the Kurogi family on Monday. They are great! The parents both graduated from BYU (although I have yet to hear them speak English..) and are SOOO nice. They have three daughters; Riana, Riria, and Riira. Riria just got back from spending a month in Utah and was so happy when she heard I was from Utah and lived close to lagoon hahaha she also gave us waaay too much American candy that she brought back. It was even in a Smiths bag and I was like "woah. #throwback". The Kurogi's LOVE A1 steak sauce so Riria brought some back with her and because of that, we had steak for dinner haha it was so American. I mean, except for the side of plain white rice haha. We shared a message with them based off of an article from the September Liahona called "Physical Comfort from the Scriptures". We can always get comfort from the scriptures but when we need it most it's best that we've practiced finding that comfort each day so that it's easier when those hard times come. Read your scriptures, y'all! Find the comfort!

Okay, here comes the sad part. On Wednesday we met with one of our investigators. Last time we met with her we asked her to do Moroni's challenge again and read and pray about the Book of Mormon and if it's true and if this is the true church. So we asked her how that went and it went great! She said she got an answer and the Book of Mormon really is true and this is Christ's true church! Buuut then she followed it up with "but I was trying to figure out how to tell you this.." no. No no no no no! She says she realizes the importance of baptism but for now she thinks studying other non-Christian churches and "taking another path" is what's best for her. She believes she'll end up back at the same place we're at but she'll just take a different route. No! There's only one route and it's through repentance and baaaaaptissmmmmm. It's safe to say there were tears shed during that lesson. She basically dropped us. She said she'll still come to church when she can but probably won't take lessons. So sad. 😢

We also got to meet with one of my favorite members, Tomoko Shimai, and her daughter Momo Chan! We talked about peace and how we all can find peace through different ways but it's all the same and that's so cool! Because it's all a gift from God! I think it's cool anyway.. it was a good time and we were really happy because we weren't expecting Momo chan to come so when she did it was a little miracle for us😊

I got to go on splits with the beautiful Hirata Shimai and as we were walking around we saw this older couple walking while holding hands so we commented on how cute it was and next thing we knew we were on our way to have tea with them. Hahaha it was great. They're so cute. They've met missionaries before but never been to church even though they live like a 3 minute walk from it. If even. But we offered to give hem a tour some time and they said they'd like that! So we'll go back and follow up on that very soon:). Also, Hirata Shimai is just the best and I was able to learn sooo much from her. It was a good day:)

We also met with a super nice lady and her cute kids. They're 10 and 7 and she wants them to learn English so we're doing half English, half church lessons with them. The jury's still out on them but I think this could be really good! I'll keep you updated on them.

Here I am, rambling. Yet again. So sorry. I'll wrap this up now..

Scriptures!! Jacob 4:12, Jacob 5:41&50, Jacob 6:4, Jacob 7:12, and Enos 1:5-7. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the Savior and His Atonement while I'm a missionary so now you all get to do it with me:) you're welcome😊

Oh. Good news! It's starting to cool off here which is making me REAL happy because last September was hotter than hades and I was not looking forward to that again. But according to the weather forecast, the highest it will be in the next ten days is 80 and that makes my heart leap for joy🕴🏻like, I wore a cardigan to church yesterday. Yeah. That's right. The Gods of Fall are smiling down upon us here in
Hachioji (and by "Gods of Fall" I mean Heavenly Father because, ya know, there's really only one God.. sorry, Buddha).

Okay. I'm done.

Have a great week and enjoy your Labor Day tomorrow!!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

Love you!
愛しています💕

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥


These fruit leathers look like tongues😜 
Tomoko Shimai and Momo Chan💕

The always beautiful Hirata Shimai and I after
walking up a hill that just about killed our
grandma missionary bodies✌🏻

This picture is for Heidi and Crae.
Yes, it is a dinosaur.
And it's holding a dinosaur skull in its hand.
I found it at the train station


No comments:

Post a Comment