Monday, August 28, 2017

Trains are great things..


Unless you miss yours and have to wait for the next one😕. Last night Patch Shimai and I went to visit a potential investigators the elders had found for us and heart attack a member that lived close by. It all went fairly well until it came time for us to return to our humble abode and missed the train because we thought "hey, let's get on the car one more down." So we walked for literally three seconds and then
the doors shut and we weren't on the train.. and the station we were at doesn't have trains super often so we just had to chill and wait. But I thought y'all would get a kick out of picturing two Americans watching their train pull away because they wanted to go down one more car before getting on. It's all good, though. We did some good phone contacting while we waited for the next one because there was literally no one at that station😂

On Tuesday I hit my 14 month mark and I just feel like such an old woman missionary now. Like what even is this? 14? Gross. Also, Wednesday was my year mark of being in Japan! Yay! But also, I'm an old woman! Yay! My mission life is coming and going much faster than I thought it would during those nine weeks in the MTC.. *shivers*

Last week wasn't super exciting.. we didn't have any lessons.. so sad, right!? But we were able to set up quite a few for this week so that's good😊 I'll have to let you know how those go next week.

We had lunch with the always entertaining Yamauchi Shimai hahahaha that woman kills me😂 she is like 84 years old and just loving life. She's so funny. I love her. She made us food from her home town, Nagasaki, and even threw in some Italian food in there haha it was an interesting meal but very yummy:) the members here in Hachiōji are the best. We also had dinner on Saturday with the Maeda family. Porter Shimai and I went and had dinner with them when I was a bean but I couldn't understand literally anything that was going on then. Nothing. And this time it was cool to really be able to talk to them because they're so nice and so funny hahaha and their three kids are adorable. I love them. Maeda Shimai and the kids made this pumpkin cheesecake which was actually waaaay good. Like, I want that recipe.

Friday was blazing hot. Seriously. We left the apartment at 10 to go visit some PI's and it was already sooo hot. And we had decided to walk to the PI's so we could try and street as we went. Well, we couldn't actually find the PI because the missionaries before didn't put an apartment number.. uh.. okay.. it's okay, we just decided to house the entire apartment building haha we didn't find the PI so we went on to the next building. And by the end we were so gross and sweaty. So bad. Like beads of sweat dripping down my nose. It was gnarly. I took pictures:) I'll send them later so you can see how dedicated I am to the work hahahahahaha😉

We had a district kubarikai (passing out English class fliers) with the elders and it was pretty good! I got to talk to a few people who seemed to really have interest in coming to eikaiwa and I even met a man who came years ago but stopped but even knew that the mission home is in Kichijoji. Nice. 'Twas a good time.

We had a PI come to church that we had never met! Yup. Haha we had texted her forever ago inviting her to family home evening at the mission home but she couldn't come and then she randomly texted us and was like "hey, I'm coming to church!" She's been before so she knew all about it and figured since the missionaries had changed she wanted to come and meet us. Awww yiiiiis😎 she was super cute and actually, the first missionary she ever met was my home girl, Gappmayer Shimai. She's cool. And she speaks fluent English. I like her. I'm praying for her.

Well. That's it for now! Other than sweating my bum off this week, it was a pretty good week. But just for the record, I want you all to know how excited I am for fall and winter because I am SO over this whole "summer" thing. Not my fav. At all.

Don't worry, this week I remembered the scriptures😘2 Nephi 11:5-7, 2 Nephi 20:27, 2 Nephi 22, 2 Nephi 25:26, and 2 Nephi 26:33.

I hope you all have a marvelous week and always remember I love you!
Also, good luck to everyone starting school! Have a fun semester😊💕

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

Love you!
愛しています💕

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥


The beloved Yamauchi Shimai

Elder Dowdle (our zone leader) turned 20 this week
so we got him an age appropriate present😊 #noregrets

Our selfie that you can't tell we're actually dripping sweat in
and trying not to die from the heat and humidity.



No comments:

Post a Comment