Monday, September 25, 2017

Well.. uh..


This week was filled with a lot of experimenting and failing.. but now we know what not to do so that's good!

One cool thing happened on Wednesday while we were walking to the church for eikaiwa. When we prayed before we left, I specifically asked to be able to find someone who we could give a copy of the Book of Mormon to. On our way to the church there is basically NEVER any younger people over there because it's all just old couples that live on those streets. But as we were walking we saw a high school student! So I was like "don't freak out. You gotta risk it to get the biscuit." And we stopped her and talked to her for a little bit. We talked about families and how much they mean to us and how we're all children of God. We were able to share one of my favorite scriptures, 1 Nephi 11:17, with her and she accepted the Book of Mormon!! Whaaaat!? God hears all of our prayers. And He's just waiting to help us with what we need. When we ask, He will help. He will bless us. He will guide us. The power of prayer is seriously insane. Heavenly Father loves us so much and has given us a way to talk with Him. How cool is that!?

On Thursday I went back to Kamiōoka! I was on splits with my new STL, Miyagawa Shimai. She is so cute. We taught a lesson to their investigator who is straight up adorable. We taught about tithing and fasting. We were kind of worried about it because she LOVES to shop and tends to spend all of her money on that.. but after we taught her it we asked her what she thought and she said she wanted to keep it! Yay! She is still praying about baptism but Miyagawa Shimai and I both feel like she will be baptized one day. She just needs to recognize her answers first. It was a way good lesson! I love going on splits because there's always sooo much you can learn from other missionaries.

We also had a lesson on Saturday and it was sooo good! We gave her the Restoration pamphlet last week and asked her to read it before our next lesson. And she did! She even took notes and wrote down what questions she had! It was so cool. She's just like a sponge who soaks up information and can't get enough. She was like "can I keep learning about this?" YES!! It was amazing!! We're going to meet her again this week. We're pretty excited about her and hope we can continue to help her learn and grow in the gospel.

This past week we learned a lot about what not to do.. but we're hoping to take that and be better this week. We fall so we can stand up and try again, right? Well, that's what we're going to do! I'll hopefully be able to report back to y'all next week about how that goes, haha.

This past week I hit my 15 month mark. Whaaaat? So crazy, right? I am such an old woman missionary now.. I'm always tired and Rodriguez Shimai was like "well, when you're an old woman, you need more sleep!" Ouch. But so true. Hahaha I'm going to sleep like a baby on that plane ride home. But that is still far away so for now I'll just keep poppin mints to keep me alert, haha.

I hope you all have a great week and know how much I love you!!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

Love you!
愛しています💕

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥


In a random park we found where people were
doing some crazy ceremonial Japanese archery.
This part of the park reminded me of a sad and
lonely Gatsby mansion. I quite enjoyed it.

I finally bought new shoes and
decided to retire the old ones.
 It was a sad day..⚰️


Walking back today✌🏻



No comments:

Post a Comment