Monday, October 2, 2017

"I don't particularly love this hill"


Those are the wise words of a young American boy living here in Yokohama who was riding his bike up a hill with his friend. I felt the meaning his words on a deeper level in that moment and wanted to share it with all of you.

This week was a pretty average week. But it was a good week, none the less.

We had interviews with President so we went to Kamiōoka on Tuesday and every time I go back there I'm just really glad I don't have to walk those hills every day. It was a great area with great people but the landscape was definitely not my fav..

The elders found a woman housing a few weeks ago and passed her over to us and we went and visited her on Wednesday. Well, it was perfect. She had just gotten home right before we got there and she came out to talk to us. She was so nice and said she had read the pamphlet that the elders had given her! She had a lot of questions about the Bible and the Book of Mormon and all that so we were able to talk to her about it for a little bit and then gave her a Book of Mormon. She was so happy to receive it! It always makes me happy when people are like that. It's just like "yes, you can already tell it's a special book! Please read it and feel even happier:):):)" it was way good. And we were able to set up a return appointment to meet with her this Wednesday as well. We're pretty excited about her.

We also had a less active member come to eikaiwa on Wednesday! It was a day of miracles. She's only less active because she moved to Yamate 10 years ago from Hokkaido and didn't know where the church was here. So it was cool to get to talk with her. She said she's also been trying to share the gospel with her friends and wants us to meet them. Yay! Member missionary work!!

I've realized I never write a whole lot about my companions but I just want you all to know that I love Rodriguez Shimai so much. We're really similar in a lot of ways but really different in a lot of ways. It keeps things interesting, hahaha but we get along super well and it's been so much fun being her companion. She's helped me more than she'll ever know.

I just realized I'm the worst missionary ever and forgot to write down my scriptures for y'all AGAIN! They're in my journal... in our apartment. G*sh d*rn it. I'm sorry..

Zone Olympics were held today and I think they were one for the history books. It was quite interesting and we even had a flag ceremony where we sang national anthems. And old lady who lives by the park we were at watched us from her window and clapped for us when we finished USA's national anthem. It was beautiful. And yes, I failed miserably at most of the games but hey, I had fun🤘🏻

Well... I can't really think of anything else to write about at the moment sooo.. I'm going to leave you all with the invitation to (if you haven't yet) watch general conference and enjoy hearing the words of the leaders of the church. I know I'm a week behind.. but in my defense, this week is conference week for us in Japan so I'm doing good if we're going off of that, haha. But yes, please watch it or reread the talks:). We got to watch the general women's session on Saturday and it was sooo good. I loved the talk that Sister Joy D. Jones gave. She said something along the lines of "you maybe a little less worthy but that doesn't make you worthless." AHHH SO GOOD. The leaders of our church know what they're talking about.

I also heard that Elder Hales passed away. My STL told me that at our zone Olympics and it made me so sad. But I'm sure he was welcomed home with a warm hug and more love than any of us could ever imagine.

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

Love you!
愛してます💕

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥


Going up a reaaaaaally long hill..
Going down before mentioned
reaaaaaaally long hill.

This is Yamashita Park. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite places to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment