Sunday, October 22, 2017

11!? ELEVEN!? Gross.



I'm so old. I am an old woman missionary, or as they like to say in Japanese, I am an obaachan. Seriously. Wow. I can't believe that I am now transfer 11. Where the heck has the time gone? 分かりません。

First of all, I want the world to know that I love Rodriguez Shimai and I miss her so much and I cannot wait for Wednesday because it's Zone Conference and since we're in the same zone still I'll get to see her. My life has not been the same since she left me. I may or may not have started crying after the nice man came to get her luggage for her on Wednesday. I also may or may not have told her that she cannot leave me. Well, sadly she didn't listen to her senior companion and now I miss her so much.

But it's okay. Because now I have Ikeda Shimai and she is wonderful. She is from Nagoya and worked as an occupational therapist before coming on her mission. She's 25 and soooo nice. Also, she loves chocolate just as much as I do so we get along swimmingly. She wants to learn English but doesn't think she's good so we mainly speak Japanese together. Which is cool because then I get to learn more from her but I also want to help her with her English so we're trying to find a nice balance haha.

It has been raining nonstop for like a week now. I feel like I'm in a rainforest. So. Much. Rain. So because of that, finding people to talk to us has been kind of hard buuuuut we've been able to do a lot of housing so I mean, there are pros and cons to all sides haha.

Speaking of rain, the big typhoon that just came through didn't manage to kill me or kick me out of Japan just yet but it did manage to keep all missionaries inside until this morning. So we did a lot of studying and phone contacting yesterday. 'Twas a party, let me tell ya.

We only had one lesson this past week and it was good but she just can't get over the fact that her religion was "chosen for [her]" (her words, not mine) because her father is the one that takes care of a religious shrine. So we're struggling with that because she keeps almost all of her commitments and really wants to learn but like, won't get baptized. Uhh.. yeah. We're in a pickle right now trying to help her overcome this little (big) hurdle of hers.

This weeks scriptures are Alma 58:10-11, Alma 62:48-50, Helaman 3:8, Revelation 1:8, and Revelation 3:10. Please read and enjoy the word of God😊

Well, I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

愛しています💕

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥


Our beloved Jenny Shimai who has taken to
being the missionary mom. I. Love. Her.

We had dinner with the elders before eikaiwa at this super American burger place and wow. Delicious. I love Japanese food but man, I REALLY love America.

Rodriguez Shimai💙

Two of our cute eikaiwa students,
Sakiko San and Asami San

Ikeda Shimai!


No comments:

Post a Comment