Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Happy Columbus Day⛵️



Someone recently told me that emojis were created in Japan and my mind was blown. Then it started to make sense as to why there are so many emojis that have to do with Japan and Japanese culture. That's what I learned this past week.

Well, that's one thing I learned this past week. Now I'll enlighten you all with a few other things I learned this past week.

The first thing on the agenda for today isn't something I learned buuuut I finished my third journal this past week. Yup. Three whole journals since leaving dear ole Kaysville. I'd never even finished one before leaving on my mission.. the mission changes you, man. But here we are, moving on to journal number four! Special shout out to Talise for the past journal I just finished and to Abby for my "adventure book" I've just started.

Okay, here's something I learned: I feel like I've recently said this in an email but it just keeps being relevant so I'm going to say it again. The Lord hears and answers our prayers. As a mission we've all been asked to have an exact idea of the type of people we want to find and so Rodriguez Shimai and I decided we wanted to find a young mom. So we prayed every day this week to find one. Well, on Saturday before conference we had like 40 minutes to go out and dendō so we decided to go housing at this place close to our apartment. And as expected, we prayed to find a young mom who would listen to our message. And guess what!?!? We found one!! And we almost didn't knock on her door because it was really hidden and hard to see and kind of had the "don't bother me" feeling to it but we decided to bother it anyway and a way nice mom answered the door with her 2 year old son. SO CUTE. We talked for a little bit and were able to set up a return appointment for TuesdayHe hears us, you guys!!

We also had a waaaaay good lesson with a super nice lady who the elders found while housing. And by the way, her house is so American, it's crazy. Rodriguez Shimai and I were freaking out the whole time, haha. During the lesson we talked a lot about prophets and so we invited her to come to General Conference. Most of the time when we invite people to church or things like that they're like "yeah.. if I have time but like.. yeah.. I don't know.." but she was like "oh, I don't have anything! I can come!" Yaaaaaaaas!!! And she really did come! She said it was hard but she liked it. I told her that we can read the talks on an app and she was like "what's it called!? Can I
download it!?" Whaaaat? She's so cool! We're meeting her again on Friday:)

I know I'm a week late (because we're a bit behind here in Nippon) but I hope everyone had a chance to watch conference and received sooo much personal revelation and answers to prayers and questions. It was such a good weekend! A few of the themes I noticed were service, focusing on the now and putting away social media and our phones, humility, and (my personal fav) THE BOOK OF MORMON!! Also, how good was Elder Andersen's closing talk!? Wow. Talk about a mic drop. I mean, I quite enjoyed it. Also, President Nelson's talk was waaaay good. Basically I could go on for days so if you would like to know specifics, please email me at Haley.fishburn@myldsmail.net and I will respond to you ASAP.

Well. Since I brought up the Book of Mormon, it's only fitting that I add some scriptures to this email (yes, I remembered this week!). Alma 34:8-15, Alma 36:13-21, Alma 38:8-9, and Alma 39:15.

Have a good week! And find someone to serve along the way😊

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

Love you!
愛してます💕

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥



Zone conference picture from forever agooo

When the members really like you😏
Just kidding, it just has some Japanese
candy in it haha #yamatelife

I found Stonehenge

Mama Fish is the real MVP and sent
Reese's puffs all the way to Yokohama, Japan

   
Preconference selfie while we were
waiting for an investigator to come

Our "Shimai" dresses from
Mama and Papa Fish



No comments:

Post a Comment