Monday, November 13, 2017

*Shakes head*


Yesterday we went to the train station right by the Yokohama baseball stadium and as we were walking there were SO many people wearing orange and blue. I was like "what is this? Some one explain." So then we got closer to the stadium and turns out there was a football game that night! Yaaaaaas. Love me some football! So everyone was doing some nice pregaming and having fun and whatnot and I was just happy to know that while it's football season in America, it's football season in Japan as well. I even met a nice lady named Sister Stance from Hawaii who is living in Japan because her husband coaches football for a college here. Woot woot! But here comes the *shakes head* part. Ikeda Shimai asked me the difference between rugby and football and I was dumbfounded. She then later asked me if football was the one with all the pads and helmets🤦🏻‍♀️ I told her she needs to come visit me up in Logan and I'll take her to a football game to teach her the true joys in life (that is not including the gospel because that's the real joy in life but like ya know, football is pretty great).

So recently we've been housing till our little feet can't handle it anymore because there's sooo many tourists in Yamate that it's hard to find people for us to actually teach here. Well. We hadn't been that successful but decided that sometimes these things take time so we kept at it. AND GUESS WHAT!? We met a super nice girl and talked about families with her and when we asked if we could come back SHE WAS SO NICE AND SAID OF COURSE AND I COULD HAVE CRIED. Pretty happy about that, not going to lie haha. We tried to visit her again last night but she wasn't home.. so we're going again tomorrow because she needs the gospel! Everyone needs the gospel!

Also, my BFF Jenny Shimai has been on a roll with the referrals. She had us over for lunch this past week to meet three of her friends again (we had previously met them) and then on Friday nights we do a Book of Mormon study class and she shows up with this lady from Israel and we're just like "what the heck!? Where does she find these people!?" So that was fun. I am not so sure the nice lady from Israel has interest in learning from us but she was super nice and accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon so that's good! Hopefully she'll read it and realize that Jesus really is the Messiah and He loves her sooo much and then she'll be like "I need to meet those girls again!" Fingers crossed.

When we went to Jenny Shimai's for lunch with her friends I was able to tell them about the Book of Mormon and share my testimony of it in ENGLISH and oh man. It's been such a long time since I've done that and it was so crazy. Of course I love sharing my testimony in Japanese but I still feel slightly limited on my ability to fully express my feelings on it so getting to do it in English was amazing. As I was testifying I felt the spirit so strong and I KNEW that those words I was saying were true. The Book of Mormon truly is a blessing and a gift from God because He loves us and He continues to guide us today. With that being said..

This week for scriptures (because I remembered!!) you just get an entire chapter to read because I read it this past week and I think it became one of my new favorites. It's 3 Nephi 17. Nothing beats the words of our Lord and Savior, right? Jesus is the best😊

Well, I hope you all have a great week and see your own little miracles!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy (by the way, because Japanese people don't really understand sarcasm we've been told to not use it AT ALL and I'm just like "oh, no. I'm in trouble." Halp.).

Love you!
愛しています💕

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥


Ikeda Shimai and I played with the photo booth app last night so please enjoy.

I'm the worst and haven't taken any pictures.. but I did take one while we were walking.




No comments:

Post a Comment