Monday, November 27, 2017

Recipe for real happiness:



Ingredients: 
A handful of adorable Japanese (and half Japanese) children
A few very kind and dedicated adults
A children’s hymn book
Some very impressively memorized lines and scriptures
Makes:
The most adorable primary program you ever did see

You’re welcome. Also, sorry mom but I can’t promise I won’t be coming home with a cute Japanese child as my carry on🀷🏻‍♀️. But really, we had the Yamate ward primary program yesterday and my heart just about burst. It was the best thing ever and I was so sad that there weren’t many investigators there to feel of the pure innocence of the kids and the truthfulness of their simple testimonies. It was great. Well done, Yamate Ward PrimaryπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Also on the agenda this week: Thanksgiving in America! Yay! One of my favorite holidays!! Seriously, it’s the best. Eating yummy food, watching a little bit of football, a nice nap, family, and the overwhelming feeling of “I’m never going to be able to give enough thanks for all the wonderful people and things in my life”. I LOVE THANKSGIVING. I hope everyone had a great day and and will continue to “live in thanksgiving daily” Alma 34:38. As for my Thanksgiving, it was great! We got to go down to the Yokosuka Navy base and had dinner with the Peacock family. Super nice. I was talking to the wife and she said “Oh, so you went to Davis High? You might know my sister who taught there! Do you know Amber Williams?” To which I replied, “I danced with Hailey!” What a small world. Haha she was like “I’ve probably seen you dance then!” Hahaha that’s weird. She’s probably one of like maybe 4 people in the entire country of Japan that’s seen me dance in real life haha. But they were so nice and their family is adorable. They’re moving back to the States in December and will be in Kaysville for a little bit so we’re hoping we’ll be able to see each other when we’re all there. All in all, it was great and I’m adding the Peacock family to the list of things and people I'm grateful for this year. 

On Saturday we did a district blitz and focused on Christmas. So Ikeda Shimai and I took a whiteboard, wrote “Christmas quiz” on it and did some streeting while asking people what traditions they have and if they knew the true meaning of Christmas. That was probably the most effective hour of streeting I have ever done in my mission hahaha Christmas is the best! 

Today is transfer emails so that’s a little πŸ˜… but I’ll probably survive. And I’ll let y’all know later what’s going on with next transfer.

As for now, here’s some scriptures! Mormon 7:3,5-6, Mormon 9:6,12-13, and Ether 3:14.

I hope y’all have a great week and can see the Lord’s hand in your daily life.

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

Love you!
ζ„›γ—γ¦γ„γΎγ™πŸ’•

--フィッシγƒ₯γƒγƒΌγƒ³ε§‰ε¦ΉπŸŸπŸ”₯


Soooooo guess what. 

I started with Taylor Shimai and now we’re going to end together! Yup. Taylor Shimai will be together for our last three weeks. But that also means that they’re probably going to close the Yamate Sisters when we go home:( that’s sad but I guess it’s what the Lord needs for Yamate right now!

Just thought I’d let ya know what’s going on with transfers.



Our district blitz #lighttheworld 
Fuji SanπŸ—»



No comments:

Post a Comment