Wednesday, January 25, 2017

すみません!!!

This weeks kids eikaiwa Fishburn Shimai

I wish I had some quick-witted way to start today's email but I'm honestly still debating whether or not I spelled "quick-witted" right so..

こんにちは!

Okay.

Here we go.

So last pday was zone pday and I had told you all that I would be participating in "Crystal Maze". Turns out "Crystal Maze" is like the British version of "Minute to Win It". 'Twas very enjoyable indeed. I also did like a trillion backward summersaults and the next morning my left hip hurt so bad and I was like "oh no. Oh no. This is not good. I'm losing everything I have ever worked for!". My heart was slightly broken because of this pain but whatever.

After our adventure that was "Crystal Maze" Kawamitsu Shimai and I rushed back to Kichijoji to have a lesson with Kanokoちゃん. She has been meeting with the missionaries since like July, I think, and she wants to be baptized sooo bad but every time it gets close to her being baptized she ends up having a test in school or gets really busy some other way so she hasn't been able to be baptized yet. But Kawamitsu Shimai and I felt like we needed to invite her to be baptized on February 5th so that's what we did! And she said yes! And then she said "I can meet tomorrow and Thursday, too!" What!? People never want to meet with us more than once a week! We were so excited! But Kawamitsu Shimai was in Hibarigaoka for splits on Tuesday so I taught the lesson that day with Hartshorn Shimai about Joseph Smith and his role in the restoration of this wonderful gospel! Don't fret, Kanokoちゃん is fluent in English so it wasn't a complete disaster. But then she got sick and couldn't meet with us on Thursday or come to church yesterday😔 but we are not giving up hope! She wants to be baptized so bad and we want to help her get there! She's great.
Honestly.

Last week during eikaiwa a student asked Kawamitsu Shimai to make him a "how to pray in English" book and we were like "yaaaaaay!!!! Of course we'll teach you how to pray in english!" So she gave it to him this week and then two more students were like "oh, that's cool! I want one!" And they took pictures of it and were so excited. OUR eikaiwa students are the best. Really. Don't believe me? Well. Another one of our students came up to us and asked us if we could do the Free Family English Program with her. The FFEP is where we do eikaiwa for 30 minutes and then teach a gospel principle for 30 minutes. YAAAAAS. She is so cute. So cute. Her name is Liさん and she's from China and just got married! She is so great! We met with her on Thursday and it was SO COOL, Y'ALL. We helped her with pronunciation for another class she's taking right now and then we taught her about prayer and the Spirit and ohhh myyyy goodness. The Spirit was so strong and she told us she felt "a warm feeling" in her heart and we were like "that's the Spirit!!" SUCH A GOOD LESSON. This was also the first time she had heard about Jesus Christ which blows my mind but I love being able to be apart of learning about their Savior for the first time. It's the best!! I love Liさん😊

This week was a full one and I won't bore you with all of the details but I will say that I love being a missionary even though it is one of the hardest things I have ever done. It pushes me every day and has taught me that I really don't know myself as much as I thought I did. It's humbled me big time, too. That's one thing I've noticed about serving here in Japan. Whether it be from talking to people who served in Japan before my mission or hearing stories about them or talking to missionaries here, the common theme I've noticed is humility. The Lord sends those who need a big dose of humility to Japan. So here I am, trying to take it all in stride and grow closer to my Savior and Heavenly Father as They cut me down a bit so that I can grow higher
than I was before.

Scripturesssss🎉
Mosiah 25:10, Alma 1:25, Alma 2:28, Alma 5:60, Alma 7:16

Also, yesterday (Sunday) was my 7 month mark. SEVEN MONTHS, Y'ALL. What the even..? So weird!!

As always, I love you all so very much and I hope you have a lovely week!
愛しています!!!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥


Saito Yuri 姉妹 and her boyfriend. I love her!

Always giving people heart attacks

Waiting for the kinjin to walk through the doors of
the church and into the waters of baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment