Monday, January 30, 2017

What language do an American, Japanese, and Chinese choose to use when they talk?



This weeks kids eikaiwa picture

The answer to that question is Japanese, if you were wondering.

I think I'm losing my ability to think of funny things because I've just stared at my iPad for much too long trying to decide how to start this email.. PLEASE SEND HELP🆘

But don't fret, my love of emojis is still burning bright and true and has recently been strengthened by the new emojis apple added. What can I say, I love emojis🤷🏻‍♀️

This weeks honesty hour: I felt real useless this week. I've been trying really hard to not get so down about my Nihongo skills, or lack thereof, but this week it got to me. I made it almost two whole transfers, that's almost three months, without crying because of Nihongo. But that all went down the drain earlier this week. It's just a little hard to feel useful when you can't speak the language of the people you're supposed to be serving. But enough of my sad talk. Time to move on!

This week we got to watch the worldwide missionary broadcast from Salt Lake City and it was great! Seriously. It's always great when you get to receive some counsel from Apostles and other leaders in the church! They announced a new schedule for missionaries and some other changes that are definitely inspired but are definitely going to take some time to get used to. But all is well!

We met with my home girl Liさん again this week and I cannot express in words how much I love her! She is the best. She brought us Mister Donut and that wasn't even the best part! So as usual we helped her with her English and then taught her about Jesus Christ since last time she said she hadn't ever heard about Him. We taught super simply and the whole time she just kept saying "erai, ne?" Basically meaning
"wow, he's so righteous!" For never hearing about Christ before I think she took it all super well! And then we told her that the Book of Mormon was another testament of Christ and that through reading it she can come to know that Christ truly is our Savior. And she accepted it!! Yay!! I'm also super glad we randomly had a Chinese Book of Mormon in our apartment! She promised to read the introduction! Seriously so excited to see how things keep going with her!

Saturday night we celebrated Chinese New Year (shout out to my Chinese BFF, Liza Lin and the rest of the Lin family!) and it was way fun! We had a big dragon and everything! I'll see if I can get some pictures from the elders later to send next week! People from all over the mission came and we were expecting like 30 people but actually like 120 people came so yaaappieee! So fun!

Yuppppp. That was this week. Hope I didn't bore y'all too much.

I kind of failed at writing in my journal this week so I only have two scriptures from this past week to share with you all.. Alma 14:26 and Alma 17:13.

I hope you all have a lovely week and always remember you are loved by a missionary in Japan🎌

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.
愛しています!!!
--フィッシュバーン姉妹



Kawamitsu Shimai seems to like to take random pictures of me and
all I hear is "Fiishuban Shimai!" And then the camera noise.


No comments:

Post a Comment