Sunday, January 8, 2017

Hello.. it's me.



According to a few of the elders here in Kichijoji, I look just like Adele so there's that.

Also, I have passed my 200th day as "フィッシュバーン姉妹" and my mind is blown and terrified at the same time. Wait what..?

This week has seemed soooo long and I don't know why. It's just most definitely been one of the longest weeks of my mission. SO LONG. But it's over now and we have begun a new week and all is well in Zion (or I guess in the Land of the Raising Sun🎌).

This week also feels like it was pretty uneventful..

Fun fact: I've said the prayer at our English class the last three weeks in a row and I'm just waiting for the heavenly blessing to come pouring down now. I also kind of want to make it an even four weeks. I mean, there are 9 missionaries in Kichijoji, what are the odds that I say the prayer three weeks in a row!? It's all good, though, I have
slowly conquered my fear of praying in front of people🎉

Funny story of the week: so. Thursday night I went on splits to Hibarigaoka with the always lovely Dowell Shimai (she's my new sister training leader because Casteñeda Shimai transferred to Hachioji). Dowell Shimai is just great and I love her and she's one tough cookie, let me tell ya that. Anywho, it takes a good 50 minutes to get to Hibarigaoka from Kichijoji by bus and then train and we were literally feet away from the apartment when she turns to me and says "did Hartshorn Shimai give you the keys?" To which I responded "the keys to YOUR apartment? No.." At this point all we could think to do was go eat overpriced sushi (by over priced I mean a plate wasn't ¥100 so yeah, we were real fancy for paying ¥185 for a plate of sushi). While we ate our overpriced sushi we hopped that a Hibarigaoka investigator that always goes to Kichijoji for sports night on Thursday would be willing to bring us back the keys because if we went and got them we would not have made it back in time for curfew. Good news: the investigator was willing to do it. Bad news: she said she wouldn't be
back till late. So we did what any 19 and 20 year old girls would do when living in Japan and don't have keys to their apartment; we walked back to the apartment to see if we could break in. We had much faith in ourselves however, the fact that the apartment is on the third floor and has absolutely no way of getting to the balcony kind of crushed that idea (we later found out the balcony door was locked anyway). Sooo we did the call of shame. We called Sister Warnick. She just laughed and said "this happens all the time! Wait, wasn't it Hartshorn Shimai last time, too!?" Girl has a reputation.  But I still love her. Sister Warnick, being the beautiful human she is, had the office elders drive the keys over because it's like a 10 minute drive. So we didn't end up having a slumber party in the church (I'm actually really sad about that) but we got to sleep in beds so I mean there are pros and cons to every situation.

On Friday I got to teach a lesson with Dowell Shimai to their investigator and that woman is ready for this gospel. She is just amazing and I will forever be jealous she isn't my investigator. She's adorable, too. It's also amazing to me how when I focus on those who I'm teaching and not on how wrong my Nihongo is, I'm more inclined to speak up and although it's still awful, my Nihongo isn't as bad as it usually is. Basically the gift of tongues is real, folks.

Not a super exciting week.. just another normal week in the life of Sister Fishburn..

Scripture time🎉
Mosiah 1:6, Mosiah 4:2, Mosiah 5:12, Isaiah 53.

I hope y'all watched the video I talked about last week! If you didn't, shame on you. Go watch it.

Well, I love you all!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

愛しています!!!
--フィッシュバーン姉妹



I made some #DHP paper cranes because once a dart, always a dart
and 
when you find gold origami paper, you have to make cranes
representing 
good ole Davis High School.

I had a little bit of a cold when we had kids English class so
Kawamitsu Shimai made me wear a mask and
this is what she drew this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment