Monday, January 16, 2017

Humble Pie is good for the.. Missionary?

This weeks "Sister Fishburn" picture for ya
It's that time of the week again! You're favorite day, I know. P-Day! But I think we both wish that stood for "Pay day" instead of "preparation day" but I'll take it for now.

I'm currently writing this on a bus from Kichijoji to Hōya eki (station) to go to the Hibarigaoka church for zone p-day where we will be participating in something the locals call "crystal maze". And by locals I mean our zone leader who is from England and won't tell us anything about it other than we get to wear pants so I'm slightly frustrated (because we all know how much I love surprises) but mostly pumped to wear my jeans again. I'll have to let y'all know next week what "crystal maze" is.

This week was kind of boring.. we didn't have a ton of planned lessons so we just did a lot of trying to visit less actives and streeting with some kubari thrown in there. I think Kawamitsu Shimai and I are cursed because every time we go to visit a less active they either aren't home or we cannot find the address. Ever. But at least we're
trying, right?

We had a lesson this week with an investigator and I was handed a piece of humble pie. She is just real confusing, let me start with that. She doesn't like gaikokujin because she likes literally every word she says to be understood so I always get the feeling she doesn't like me much because, well, I'm a gaikokujin.. so I don't really talk in her lessons. Then at the end of our lesson with her on Wednesday she was talking to Kawamitsu Shimai (she thinks I can't understand anything so she just acts like I'm not there most of the time) and she said "you know, she doesn't talk much but her smile lets me know she cares". Well. I guess I needed to take a step back and try harder to see her through the eyes of our Heavenly Father because that hit me like a ton of bricks. Basically I need to love people more unconditionally and try harder at most things. So yes, I've been praying to be more humble and I will be the first to say that the Lord answers our prayers, folks.

I recently (like within the last 40 minutes) purchased a drink that reminds me of Naked and it makes me real happy. Because I'm sure you all wanted to know that. It's called "Shine & Shine" and is made in Hong Kong. I didn't realize how much I missed drinking Naked until I took my first sip of this drink hahaha but all is well because it's delicious.

I want to say thank you to everyone for everything. The amount of love that I feel from home and many other places is crazy! Thank you for your prayers and your emails and your thoughts and everything. Everyone is amazing! I'm clearly real good with words but yes, much appreciating coming from over here.

Now it's time for some spiritually uplifting scriptures!🎉
Mosiah 11:19, Mosiah 16:8-9, Luke 17:32, Luke 18:27, 42

I love you all and think you're the bees knees!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.
愛しています!!!

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥


This is what happens when we decide to
play with the photo booth app.

I cried after taking this picture😂

She is a "real ninja"



No comments:

Post a Comment