Sunday, March 19, 2017

"There can be miracles..

WHEN YOU BELIEVE!" --Whitney Houston

I testify of the truthfulness of Whitney's words.

This week was just full of miracles.

For starters we received a golden investigator "referral" from the Sendai Mission because their investigator is moving to Kichijoji so that's exciting and made our missionary hearts happy:) we also received another golden referral from the Tokyo Mission so we are just rolling in the kinjin right now. It's amazing.

Next miracle: we're starting to have some progress with an investigator. She said herself that her heart is changing and she's opening up more and more to the gospel. YAAAAAAS, OPEN YOUR HEART, GIRL. Also, Michiko Shimai was great and talked to her after our "Meet the Mormons" movie night and basically just said everything straight up like "well if you want answers to prayers you have to actually pray. Not just on Wednesdays when you meet with the missionaries. Every day." I think I fell even more in love with Michiko Shimai in that moment (if that's actually possible). She's the best💕

Third miracle: Elder and Sister Choi from the Asia North Area Presidency came to Kichijoji for a Mission conference and it was waaaay good. One big thing I took away from it is how important it is to be diligent and to truly be a "full time missionary". Our time to be a servant of the Lord is so short so why wouldn't we want to give all that we can during that time?

Next miracle: we got to meet with another investigator last week and this week and I just straight up adore her so much. She's the best. This was a miracle because we hadn't been able to meet with her for about a month before last week. So yeah, miracle.

Last miracle: transfer emails were received on Saturday evening. Let's get one thing straight: I did NOT want to leave Kichijoji for any reason other than to go back to Hachiōji. That was the only way I was ever going to leave. I was determined to stay in Kichijoji for another transfer and make it a full 6 months here. Weeeell.. apparently the Lord and President Warnick had other plans for me. I'm leaving Kichijoji😭😭😭😭 buuuuut through the grace of God I am going back to my own true love, Hachiōji! Wait, what!? Yes. You did read that right. I'm going back to my bean area to the people that I love (I love all the people of Japan but let's just be honest here and admit my love for the people of Hachiōji is slightly stronger) and the places that I love and oh boy. I. Am. PUMPED. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, Y'ALL🎉 yea. Really excited about that but I'm also super sad to leave Kichijoji and the people here. I feel like I'm not done here yet but who knows, maybe in a few transfers I'll come back😏 my new companion is Hernández Shimai. She's from Mexico and this will be her last transfer so I'm killing her..😱 but I'm excited to be with her! Funny thing:  Porter Shimai has been in Hachiōji since I left and now I'm taking her place. I'm replacing my (mission) mother! That's weird to think about haha  

Okay so um.. when did 20 years happen? Like what? There's no way I'm not a teenager anymore, I refuse to believe it. But apparently it's a thing whether I believe it or not sooo here we are. I am 20 years old. Crazy. But thank you so much to everyone who sent emails and cards and packages! You are all so wonderful💕

The always adorable Matsunaga San
Yesterday we didn't have any plans so we decided to go visit this investigator named Matsunaga San. She's pretty old.. and can't remember anything we teach her.. but she is so stinkin cute and loves the missionaries so we like to visit her every once in awhile. Yes. She's because I'm leaving she gave me this super pretty tea cup(?) and because it was my birthday she gave me this adorable little teddy bear to put on my bag. She told me "I don't need it and you need to remember me!" So of course I took it and will always think of my beloved Matsunaga San when I see it.

Scriptures. Ahhh yiiiiis. I can tell y'all are excited😊
3 Nephi 6:13, 3 Nephi 9:14, 3 Nephi 10:6, 3 Nephi 12:5, 3 Nephi 15:24

Well. I hope you all have a wonderful week and see your own little miracles in your lives!

Love you all so gosh darn much😘

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.
愛しています!!!💕


--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥


Harmon Shimai decorated for me😊
My Heart Birthday Cake!!!

Dendō selfie

We were matching and actually got ready so of course we
had to take a selfie even though the lighting isn't the greatest..


While housing we found Bruno Mars' house. Or his
umbrella depending on what language you speak.. 

We gave the elders a nice present😊


No comments:

Post a Comment