Monday, March 27, 2017

That ⬆️kanji looks like a little stick figure man but it really means
"six", as in I AM A TRANSFER SIX. Wait, what? That's not crazy at all.

Anyone know how that happened?

When did that happen?

I do not know.

Anywho.

Well. My last days in Kichijoji were real bittersweet. I was absolutely PUMPED to come back to Hachiōji but I didn't really want to leave Kichijoji.. so here we are. I only kind of sort of almost cried. But here we go, I'll tell ya about my week now.

For starters, on Monday we went with the always lovely Michiko Shimai to get some good Indo curry and when we walked in the restaurant the host man person guy looked at me and smiled and then said (in Nihongo) "hey, long time no see!" And in that moment I knew that I had hit the peak of my life because the man at the Indo curry restaurant recognizes me and realized that I hadn't been back to his restaurant in over 6 weeks.

Sad thing about leaving Kichijoji: I no longer get to meet the new beans when they come before anyone else in the mission😔 but I did get to go dendō with them and whatnot and it 'twas a lovely time. I got to go with my home girl, Papenfuss Shimai (sorry, mom, I forgot to take a picture with her for ya..) and we did some nice housing but not a single person listened to us and one even told me that he couldn't understand me and all I could think was "I AM SPEAKING JAPANESE. LISTEN TO MY WORDS." And then I thought "my Japanese can't be that bad..right..?" My self-confidence kind of dropped in that moment but whatever.

Wednesday was my 9 month mark and that's just kind of mind blowing and I don't know how that happened and I don't know how I feel about it. Yeah.. I just don't know. I'm getting old, y'all👵🏻

My eikaiwa class in Kichijoji is the best and they were all so sad I
was leaving and I am also real sad I don't get to teach them anymore.
I love them.

Speaking of people I love and am sad I can't teach English to anymore; Li San. My home girl, Li San. I messaged her on Facebook when I found out I was transferring and she hasn't come to actual eikaiwa since before Kawamitsu Shimai left but she said she would come to say goodbye to me! And she did! Yay!! She's the cutest! Seriously. And she gave me a cute little purse thingy to keep my rings in because she noticed I wear them every day. MY HEART😭❤️ I'm going to miss Li San so darn much😭😭😭😭

Thursday I returned home to my beloved Hachiōji AND I got to say goodbye to my mom, Porter Shimai, before she left. It was a crazy day. Seriously. Seeing the members again on Sunday was so crazy. I feel like I'm a bean again but I can understand most things that people say to me now so it's a weird feeling right now. Real weird. Also, people only remember me as "yakizakana shimai". Look it up. The kanji is 焼魚姉妹. This is my life.

Oh, lucky me. My new companion, Hernández Shimai, is the Sister Training Leader in our zone and STLs and zone leaders "get" to teach family home evening at President and Sister Warnick's once a month and this month my new lovely companion (she really is lovely and I quite like her) is the lucky one that gets to teach this week. So that means that I get to teach this week too. Yaaaaay.  It super excited for that but I'm trying to have a good attitude. Plus it means I get to go back to Kichijoji for the night and see some of my peeps🐣

Scriptures for the week are: 3 Nephi 21:22, 3 Nephi 27:9, Mormon 5:21Ether 3:5, and Ether 4:19. I hope y'all enjoy them. Also, please read the talk "The War Goes On" in the April 2017 by Elder Larry R. Lawrence. It kinda scared me but it woah. It was powerful and I want everyone to read it because we're all fighting this battle together!
ぜひ読んで下さい。

Well, I've probably rambled on long enough so I'll stop now.

But I love you all sooo much! Have a great week and know that you are loved by a missionary in Japan!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

LOVE YOU💕
愛しています!!!💕

--フィッシュバーン姉妹


Look how cute Michiko Shimai is😊

Our investigator lives on the 38th floor of the Hachiōji Sky Tower
so when we left I had to take a picture of the city for y'all🌃

My home girl Li San when she came
to say goodbye to me😔

How the heck is it possible that Porter Shimai
went home? That 
wasn't supposed to happen😕
My two moms. Porter Shimai and Mama Fish at
Porter Shimai's homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment