Friday, March 3, 2017

"Guys, I want a castle"🏯

Enjoy this awfully lit picture of me and the
giant doll staircase thingy for Girl's Day💃🏻
Hiiii.

Yeah..

It's me..

And it's only Saturday (or Friday for those of you still in America). Yup.

The Elders decided they wanted to go to Odawara Castle🏯 (google it. It's cool) today so we got permission to change our P-Day to today so we could go with them so here I am! I don't have a ton of time but I wanted to send off a few emails to let y'all know I was thinking about you and I'm still alive even though I won't get to email y'all on Monday😔 but it's okay because I get to go to a castle!

So yes. This week. What did I do this week.

Nothing super amazing, actually.. this week was kind of really boring.. so I don't have a lot to talk about..

Actually, other than going on splits with the beautiful Matsumoto Shimai, I don't have anything.. but yes, splits. So Harmon Shimai went to Hibarigaoka yesterday and Matsumoto Shimai came here to Kichijoji! She's adorable. Seriously. She is my same transfer so we were doing some nice doki dendō! But it was fun! We went housing at this one place that honestly has probably been housed a ton before because it's semi close to the church but I was like "I feel like it could be good!" Well.. we received a lot of rejection.. BUT we met this one lady and at first she scared us real bad. We rang her doorbell and then as we're standing there silently waiting, someone from inside the house sneezes sooo loud and Matsumoto Shimai and I about died of a heart attack. Then we hear a voice from we don't even know where so we look behind us and what not and then we both look at each other and look up. This lady is just sticking her head out the window talking to us! So we did our using housing approach and the nice lady came out to talk to us! She has met missionaries before and likes Mormons because "they're always so nice!" And we were like "heck yes, we're nice! Let's hang out sometime and teach you about God!" Not really in those words but she said she wants to come to church activities and would like to try and listen to our message. BOO-YEAH! This like never happens hahaha so we were pretty happy.

Oh. Also, March 3rd in Japan is Girl's Day (Hinamatsuri) so this absolutely adorable couple from the ward, Sato Kyoudai and Shimai, invited us and the office couple, Elder and Sister Loftus, over for lunch to celebrate it. The tradition is to set up a big doll staircase thingy and there's a song that goes along with it and everything! I can't really explain it that well.. google it. But yes, super cool. I'll send pictures of the doll thing! And then they gave us little coin purses that were made from old kimonos and by golly, I just love those two. They are also probably the cutest couple I've ever met.
They are goals. It was way fun and just a good time!

Yup. That's about it for my week. It really isn't very exciting at all.. I'm sorry I'm lame this week.. but I'll have some good pictures to send ya next week!

This weeks scriptures areeeeee: D&C 88:86, Alma 56:47, Alma 62:51, and a nice quote I found in my notes from the Elder Bednar conference we had back in October. I don't know if he said it or if my genius mind came up with it but either way, I like it. It was "Heavenly Father loves us and that is why we have agency. So we can choose to love Him back."

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will see you all on March 14th (for me) because I have temple pday that week!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

愛しています!💕
--フィッシュバーン姉妹




Our adorable kids English class students came to sacrament meeting to hear Kawamitsu Shimai speak before she left

We heart attacked the office couple because they're the best
Oh how the tables have turned. Look who
wants to hang out with us now😏

No comments:

Post a Comment