Monday, June 19, 2017

Week 52-- who knew I could even count that high?


I would like to start today by reporting on the trip to the zoo. I'm sorry to all those Hoogle Zoo enthusiasts out there buuuut Tama Zoo is like 30 times better than Hoogle Zoo. I'm sorry. But it's true. It was so cool! We were there for like 3ish hours and didn't even see everything. They have a butterfly building where butterflies are just free and fly around and land on the elders and it's magical, y'all. Also, I saw a koala bear sleeping and nothing will ever beat the cutest level of that. Ever. I'm glad to report that it was a good trip and I highly recommend it to all (fam, when we come back and visit Japan, we're going, okay?).

Tomori Shimai's tooth is kind of like breaking off in little pieces (yeah, no bueno) so we went to the dentist this week and it was real fancy. Like real fancy. Japan never ceases to amaze me with it cleanliness and level of fanciness. Just in case y'all were wondering. We're also going back every week for about a month so I'll be spending much time there just soaking up the fanciness and hoping it rubs off on me a little.

One thing that I think is hilarious is that in basically every church in America there is a basketball court. In Japan, only stake centers have basketball courts and even that is iffy. BUT without a doubt, every church in Japan has a ping pong table. It kills meπŸ˜‚ and because of that of course we invite our friends and neighbors to play ping pong with us once a week and I would like you all to know that I'm still absolutely awful and will never take ping pong as seriously as the average Nihonjin. But I enjoy watching them get super into it haha it's the best. This week we had a new friend, come and she is adorable. She also came to eikaiwa and I've decided she's actually an American in disguise because she definitely does NOT act like a Nihonjin. At all.

On Friday we had a lesson with an investigator and taught the word of wisdom. As we were teaching she said some beautiful words. Those words were "oh, I don't do any of these things! This is easy! Of course these things are bad for you". Well. She's kinjin, y'all. But she still won't commit to baptism so that's frustrating but whatever. After her lesson we were walking her out of the church and it was raining REAL hard. And then it started to hail. Yup. BIG hail. So naturally Tomori Shimai and I both ran outside to play in it😊 Ogawa San and two other members that were there thought we were hilarious haha I'll send some pictures and videos for y'all to enjoy.

On Saturday we were able to go with quite a few ward members to a retirement home and sing some traditional Japanese songs and talk to the people there. It was so fun. I'm convinced Nihonjin are much cuter when they get old than Americans are when they get old. Old Nihonjin are my favorite. SO CUTE. Every time we finished a song or something one lady would always say "ohh jouzu" meaning "so good!" Haha she was so darn cute. I was in heaven. I want to be Nihonjin just so I can be as cute as they are when I'm old. That's my life dream.

Yesterday (Sunday) was Tomori Shimai's birthday so happy birthday to my beloved companion, Tomori Shimai! She hates that she's now 21 and I think it's slightly hilarious how much she hates that hahahahahahaha

PAPA FISH. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, PAPA FISH. I HOPE IT WAS GOOD AND YOU
WATCHED LOTS AND LOTS OF MOVIES AND ATE BUCKETS AND BUCKETS OF POPCORN AND MILKDUDS AND HAD YOUR BLACK AND WHITE PUPPY DOG BY YOUR SIDE THE WHOLE DAY. LOVE
YOUπŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ’•

This week there's a lot of scriptures.. just think of it as making up for the weeks when I forgot or only had like 2😬 Alma 26:14, 32-33, 37, Alma 29:9-10, Alma 31:5, Alma 32:37-38, Alma 33:4-11, and Alma 34:38, 40-41. Again, remember the loveπŸ’™

In other news this week, I have reached transfer 8. Gross. That's what transfer Porter Shimai was when she trained me. That's crazy to think about. This week on Thursday I will hit my year mark. That's also disgusting.

Well.

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

Love you!
ζ„›γ—γ¦γ„γΎγ™πŸ’•

--フィッシγƒ₯γƒγƒΌγƒ³ε§‰ε¦ΉπŸŸπŸ”₯

Elder Languidly made a friend that stayed with him for like 10 minutes.

Squading up for that district photobomb✌🏻

Representing the beehive state all the way in Japan

I love the zoo😻

You know you live in Japan when your first instinct
when taking a picture is to throw up the peace sign.


"When you take a missionary to the zoo.." am I the only one who thinks
this looks like a bunch of private school kids on a school field trip?

The freak hail storm we had.







No comments:

Post a Comment