Monday, June 5, 2017

I wish I was Poly.


Some weeks fly by and I'm like "wow, this week was so fast! There's no way it's Monday again and I'm emailing family!" But then there are other weeks where it feels like Monday is never going to come and I'm stuck in "Groundhog Day" mode living the same day over and over again. This week unfortunately fell in the latter category. It was a long week. But that doesn't mean it was a bad week! It was just long haha.

This week we had splits again with the Kofu sisters buuuut Tomori Shimai really wanted to go to Kofu because she's never been so I got to stay in Hachioji and Cranston Shimai came here. We didn't get to actually do anything super productive because we had district meeting and then after had to go catch the train to Ōtsuki because it takes forever to get there. So yeah, not much happened during that split but it was still a good time. I've also realized that when I'm with people who speak English as their first language I never shut up and I feel so bad for Cranston Shimai having to deal with that. Oops.

I have decided that the Hachioji members are probably some of the best people in the entire world. We had dinner with one sister this week and she made SO much food. So much food. I really did think I was going to explode I ate so much. She just kept giving us more and more food. I also decided I don't like wasabi. Not my thing. We also had a dinner/family home evening with the Tsukada couple and their daughters family, the Nakazawa's. The Tsukada dinners are always so fun. I love them. This one was kind of smaller because normally a lot of other members come and such but for some reason this week people were sick or had to do stuff for school or what not so it wasn't the same but still fun and I love the Tsukada's and the Nakazawa's.

On Saturday some of the missionaries put on a Polynesian Night in Kichijoji and we got to go with two of our potential investigators. On the way to Kichijoji we were able to talk about prayer and just kind of start to get them thinking about prayer and how we can talk with God through it (I think that's the coolest thing to teach). It was a good time. And Polynesian Night was so much fun. Oh my. Seriously, I want to be Polynesian. We have missionaries serving here from New Zealand, Australia, and Hawaii and missionaries who have Samoan, Tongan, and Niue(?) heritage. So they all talked about their cultures and did traditional dances and shared how the gospel was first introduced into their cultures. It was so cool. Not going to lie, the thought of transferring to BYU-Hawaii crossed my mind. Just so I could
be surrounded by Polynesians and their culture.

Well. That's all folks. I hope you all have had a good week and have a good week this week!

No, don't worry. I did not forget this weeks scriptures. Mosiah 29:20, Alma 5:7-9, Alma 7:7, Alma 8:10, Alma 9:26, and Alma 11:27. Remember the loveπŸ’™

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

Love you!
ζ„›γ—γ¦γ„γΎγ™πŸ’•

--フィッシγƒ₯γƒγƒΌγƒ³ε§‰ε¦ΉπŸŸπŸ”₯


I saw my beloved Michiko Shimai at Polynesian Night!!
My heart was filled with so much joy in this moment.

Tomori Shimai drew me while we were waiting
for an investigator to come (she never came😒).

Miyu Shimai. She's so cute. She's the former
bishops daughter and I quite like her.








No comments:

Post a Comment