Monday, May 29, 2017

Raw eggs won't actually make you sick, mom. It's a myth. 🥚



The whole "raw things make you sick" thing is either a myth or all the raw cookie dough I've eaten in my life has built up my immune system in preparation for living in Japan where they use raw egg as a dipping sauce. Or they just process their eggs differently here than they do in America.. I'm going with one of the first two options, though. The cookie dough theory is probably the most correct🍪

You may be wondering why this is on my mind. Well, it's because I ATE RAW EGG AS A DIPPING SAUCE, Y'ALL. YUP. It happened. This week is the year anniversary of Choyo's baptism  (my male Chinese bff) so last week we went out to shabushabu to celebrate. Since it was for him we let him pick what we ate (because everyone at the same table has to eat the same thing. Sorry, it's hard to explain in email. Google it haha) and he picked sukiya which involves using raw egg as a dipping sauce. So I ate it. And it was actually really good. But the steam from the boiling sukiya kept coming RIGHT to my face and I was just like "wow, I'm sure this is really great for my skin" and I definitely smelled slightly funny for the rest of the day. But oh well. That's life in Japan.

We visited this lady that the elders found and she is a member in a Christian unification church and while we were talking she disappeared into her house and then brought out this book for Tomori Shimai to read about what her church is and believes and what not hahahaha and Tomori Shimai and I were like "hey, let's trade!" So we gave her a Book of Mormon and she said we can come back and study it with her haha so that was a funny but good thing, right?

We finally got to have a lesson with an investigator that has been really busy! And this time it was at the church and not at McDonald's! Yay! It was way good. Last lesson we had we taught the Restoration but that was almost 2 months ago so we decided to reteach it. Good call. She remembered somethings but a review was definitely needed. And she seemed to understand it waaaay better this time and kind of better accept it, I guess? Yeah, anywho, it was good. And when we gave her a Book of Mormon she was like "really!? But isn't this an important book!?" Yes, that's why we want you to have it, silly girl. I love her. Hopefully
we'll be able to meet with her again soon.

We have Zone conference this week which actually ended up being stake conference because in each stake there are two zones and both zones had Zone conference together so there were a toooon of missionaries. So many. But it was a good, good time. And I got to see Kawamitsu Shimai and Harmon Shimai so my heart was extra happy. We talked about prayer🙏🏻and oh my. So many good things come from prayer and prayer has so many good things and basically my brain was fried after from all the deep thinking that happened (because we all know that doesn't happen much for me). Everyone, please pray! It's good for ya!! Maybe study about prayer a little bit too! That's also good for ya!

I went to Kofu again. This time it wasn't as exciting as last time.. sadly.. today Tomori Shimai will go to Kofu and I'll stay here in Hachioji with Cranston Shimai. Yay, bean chan power! I'm excited.

We had three meals this week with members. Three. That may not seem like a lot to missionaries in other parts of the world *cough* Utah *cough* but it's kind of a lot in Japan. But I think that just goes to show how great the members are here in Hachioji. They're the best! We also got to hear some of their conversion stories and I love hearing them. It's so cool to hear them testify of the church and how they came to know it's true. They all always testify hardcore of whatever finding method they were found through. For example; one member came to eikaiwa because she received a flyer through her friend and this other couple started taking lessons because the elders offered to teach them about family home evening. It just makes ya want to do all types of finding as possible. Gotta find all the kinjin!!

I have a classic Haley moment for y'all (btw that's really weird typing "Haley"). I forgot my name tag when we went to eikaiwa on Wednesday. I had changed my shirt while I was making dinner so I didn't spill on it and when I changed back I forgot to put my name tag on and everyone made fun of me all night long. That's my life. I've been a missionary for 11 months and this is the first time I've forgotten my name tag. Gosh darn it! Whatevs. It's in the past.

Every time I type the scriptures I want to share I always sing "scripture power" in my head and picture little primary children screaming it and holding up their scriptures haha it warms my soul. So please enjoy these scriptures and their power Mosiah 16:8, Mosiah 18:16&21, Mosiah 19:12, and Mosiah 20:11. Remember the love!💙

Well, as always, I've rambled on for too long so I'll stop now.

Have a good week!!

Stay safe. Stay classy. Stay sassy.

Love you!
愛しています💕

--フィッシュバーン姉妹🐟🔥


The district and Choyo enjoying some shabushabu










The Hatanaka's. I love them. They fed us yummy noodles and told ustheir rocking conversion story last night.




Fun fact: if you wear a black shirt, your hair in a bun, stand in the same spot for an hour and a half while giving out eikaiwa flyers, and have a tendency of frying like an egg you WILL get sunburned. But the good news is it's so humid here that it didn't peel and now I have a rad tan line on the left side on my neck. But the bad news is my right side of my neck is still whiter than white. I also have a pretty nice tan line from my watch🤘🏻










































Tomoko Shimai. When I was here as a bean all she did was make fun of my Japanese. But despite that I still love her. She is hilarious. Seriously. We asked to take a picture together and she told us only if we make funny faces. So this was the outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment